Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
TT This
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite a few polished parts in my engine bay. They just don't seem to "pop" like they do in a black engine bay. There seems to be alot more contrast to the polished parts and black to make them stand out more. I have a factory painted white engine bay and was thinking of painting the engine bay black. Anybody out there have a black engine bay with a differently colored car? Pics?

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I think if it is done so that it looks purposely done...then it will look hot.
Alot of old school guys do this.

·
Registered
527 Posts
my car stock was white but a previous owner painted it black--so when i had my motor out i sprayed my engine bay black----but now ive repainted the car pearl white and i think it looks fine with the engine bay black.....alot easier to keep clean too

·
TT This
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
93na said:
my car stock was white but a previous owner painted it black--so when i had my motor out i sprayed my engine bay black----but now ive repainted the car pearl white and i think it looks fine with the engine bay black.....alot easier to keep clean too
perfect! give me a pic! please :)

·
TT This
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, I think I'll do it as my upcoming winter project. Was also thinking of painting the underside of the hood black too. I removed the sound deadening from the hood already. I think it should look alright... I'll post pics next year :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
thats awesome, i love the valve cover. just curious on how the paint looks up close cos it looks like u painted the engine bay all the way up to where it meets the hood, just wondering how straight the line is and if it looks funny up close

·
TT This
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks KB.. Yeah It's definitely going to be a cleared high gloss paint. Just making up my mind on the color. I'm really leaning towards the black... Any other pics are more than welcome. Doesn't matter the color of car, just black engine bays.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.