Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
TT This
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have quite a few polished parts in my engine bay. They just don't seem to "pop" like they do in a black engine bay. There seems to be alot more contrast to the polished parts and black to make them stand out more. I have a factory painted white engine bay and was thinking of painting the engine bay black. Anybody out there have a black engine bay with a differently colored car? Pics?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I think if it is done so that it looks purposely done...then it will look hot.
Alot of old school guys do this.

·
Registered
527 Posts
my car stock was white but a previous owner painted it black--so when i had my motor out i sprayed my engine bay black----but now ive repainted the car pearl white and i think it looks fine with the engine bay black.....alot easier to keep clean too

·
TT This
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
93na said:
my car stock was white but a previous owner painted it black--so when i had my motor out i sprayed my engine bay black----but now ive repainted the car pearl white and i think it looks fine with the engine bay black.....alot easier to keep clean too
perfect! give me a pic! please :)

·
TuneLord
578 Posts
if ur car is white, (as i see in the sig) the black engine bay will look really nice! i dont got any pics sry, but i think repaint it, instead of leaving it white

·
TT This
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thanks guys, I think I'll do it as my upcoming winter project. Was also thinking of painting the underside of the hood black too. I removed the sound deadening from the hood already. I think it should look alright... I'll post pics next year :)

·
Registered
885 Posts
i'd do it in flat black

·
Over Medicated
2,720 Posts
Here is a pic of a white car with the engine bay painted black with lots of chrome.
Not my car by the way.

·
Registered
798 Posts
thats awesome, i love the valve cover. just curious on how the paint looks up close cos it looks like u painted the engine bay all the way up to where it meets the hood, just wondering how straight the line is and if it looks funny up close

·
5,059 Posts
Always reminds me of a car that was repainted another color and the owner was too cheap to paint the engine bay.

However! American Muscle is a different story.

Supra engine bays that are painted and cleared look amazing, might want to consider that.

·
TT This
917 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks KB.. Yeah It's definitely going to be a cleared high gloss paint. Just making up my mind on the color. I'm really leaning towards the black... Any other pics are more than welcome. Doesn't matter the color of car, just black engine bays.

·
Bad RSP supra
1,089 Posts
damn Ryan that engine bay looks just like mine use to. before i stripped it down to the bare essantials. (sp) Freakin HOT. love the rims.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Clear coated is definately the way to go regardless of the color. Once you remove all the useless garbage littering the engine bay things clean up quite a bit more.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts