Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Space for sale
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done this? Would the oven tempretures hurt the glass?

Does anyone have any pictures of this being done?

Thanks!

Jason Hu

·
CHOKEAHOE'S MY NAME
252 Posts
its been done before ,I think its the same process as doing the regular headlights, may what to double check what temperature to heat these at but Im pretty sure its the same temp used for us headlights, I was contemplating this myself but when I recieved my euro headlights they looked so damn clean that I didnt want to compromise the seal , hope that helps

·
Space for sale
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BLITZDMKIV said:
its been done before ,I think its the same process as doing the regular headlights, may what to double check what temperature to heat these at but Im pretty sure its the same temp used for us headlights, I was contemplating this myself but when I recieved my euro headlights they looked so damn clean that I didnt want to compromise the seal , hope that helps
Thanks for the reply. That's exactly what i'm worried about too. I would hate to ruin the seals when i go ahead and do the painting.

Anybody have a good safe temperature?

H

·
0 Posts
Wouldn't worry about the seal- those things aren't sealed any better than the plastic ones USA got. You can do better with a good quality 3M sealer after you finish your masterpieces. BTW, a friend of mine received the Euro jobs and they had condensate in them after the first rain storm.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
HotGreekInASupra said:
Wouldn't worry about the seal- those things aren't sealed any better than the plastic ones USA got. You can do better with a good quality 3M sealer after you finish your masterpieces. BTW, a friend of mine received the Euro jobs and they had condensate in them after the first rain storm.

My left euro just started getting damp on the inside. Had them over a year now. but WTF?

I think the instructions would all be the same for the euros....I plan to paint mine one day (when i have 3 seconds of free time :D ). The glass likely takes more heat abuse than the plastic IMO.

M

·
0 Posts
I take apart and reseal heads all the time.

I like 200 degrees at 12 minutes. The headlights will be warm/hot to the touch, especially the glass and metal, so be careful. However, they're easier to separate at this heat and put back together after heated at that time and temp. No damage will happen to em, don't worry.

Upon reseal, have a good stream of WINDSHIELD/GLASS FLOWABLE SEALANT in the cup that the lens presses into. You won't leak. ;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts