Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a quote today for painting front bumper, mirrors and door handles. $670 :soapbox:

Is that about average?:eek: anythoughts on where to go in Central Florida, Tampa bay area?

·
Hardtop Crew
6,401 Posts
um wtf. 300 for my front bumper =)

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
Yeah.. that's way to much... If you are in Orlando.. Call Samules Auto Body or just shop around.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thats what i figured, more than $300 didn't sound right. Thanks for everyones help. Please if you have any recommendations please send them my way. I appreciate it.

·
(Rare & Unique)
3,889 Posts
Bumper/mirror/handles- stripped or prepped and painted (& installed) sounds about ballpark priced

Just my take

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts
yea for all that work 300 is average... its not just the front bumper guys...

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
Sounds like a fair quote for quality work, if you actually do some research and find out how long it takes to remove,disassemble,prep,paint,assemble and install each piece,you'll actually find out that the shop won't make much at all when you add the materials,paint and clear.

To do it right the front bumper must be removed,then ,lip,turn signals,park lights must be taken off, then sand,feather or fill all chips,prime,sand and prep for paint. Same goes for the mirrors and door hadles ,the door panels must come off to get to the nuts and bolts that hold mirrors and handles ,glass taken out,of mirrors,gaskets removed, sanded,chips repaired,primed and prepped for paint,

For anyone who thinks that $300 is too much to paint a bumper, why don't you stop by a paint supply store and get a price on a pint of basecoat, quart of clear,some reducer and hardener and see how much will that cost

·
Rockstar Extraordinaire
467 Posts
Sounds like a fair quote for quality work, if you actually do some research and find out how long it takes to remove,disassemble,prep,paint,assemble and install each piece,you'll actually find out that the shop won't make much at all when you add the materials,paint and clear.

To do it right the front bumper must be removed,then ,lip,turn signals,park lights must be taken off, then sand,feather or fill all chips,prime,sand and prep for paint. Same goes for the mirrors and door hadles ,the door panels must come off to get to the nuts and bolts that hold mirrors and handles ,glass taken out,of mirrors,gaskets removed, sanded,chips repaired,primed and prepped for paint,

For anyone who thinks that $300 is too much to paint a bumper, why don't you stop by a paint supply store and get a price on a pint of basecoat, quart of clear,some reducer and hardener and see how much will that cost
I did for my MSB, it was 260 dollars for everything. I said fuck that shit.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Around 250 to 300 in Miami

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
paid 1100 to fix and paint my front bumper and rear skirt.

paid 350 to paint my hood and rear wing.

Lets say the quality of the work speaks for itself, the front bumper looks way better than the hood. Find a shop that you can trust, while price does not always guarantee you will get a good outcome, but it can be a starting indication. While my front bumper does look better it can still be better, they cut some corners and I am sure I could have found a better paint job for 1100. Get real world reference and see the work first hand, that is the best indication of quality and price.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I was quoted 450 to do my front bumper, mirrors and hood pearl white. ( I take everything off the car)

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
I've paid $300 or so in the past for front bumper paintings, namely older BMW's and every year the chips would cause the front end to look horrible... After doing that for a few years I found a place that did it correctly with the proper materials and one time at the shop for a painted front end resulted in never having to go back... however it did cost me $600 to do it right which would have been cheaper in the end if I had done it correctly the first time!

Adam

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
guys thanks for sharing all of your stories and advice. I appreciate it. I would agree that doing it yourself is a lot more trouble thus i wont be going to the paint store myself. I feel around $300 or so is fair. I don't have a problem taking the parts to them instead of the entire car. If paying a lot more than $300 is not doing it right, i can only imagine painting the entire car. Prob cost more than the value of the car at that rate. '

Once again thank you all for the advice and info. I will continue to shop around. Thanks again.

·
Im A Fuking Ninja!!!
4,584 Posts
you could always prep the car yourself.. that will save you much labor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts