Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just painted my calipers with engine enamel.... anyway i was too lazy to buy another can of spray paint to use.. so i tried using the engine enamel to spray paint my dash.. lol :\

but like the paint left bubbles on the dash..... can i juss use plastic spray paint and go over it... or am i gonna have to remove that first??????

Z

·
0 Posts
you should remove it, then prep the surface once again and paint it in a dust free environment. it would be nice if you can clear coat it, gives it a nice shine. use Urathane clear.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what is the correct type of spray paint to buy??

how do i prep the dash for paint?
do i put the clear coat after or before the spray paint?????

how do i get the enamel off?

Z

·
0 Posts
prep the surface basically means to roughen up the surface so the paint can grab onto. roughly sand it with 800+ should do it, not too rough though cuz then it will show thru the paint.
paint thinner should get the enamal off..its gonna be nasty job though, make sure you dont get any electrical plug-in dirty.

actually you can use just regular spary cane paint, but to clear it, you should take it to professional painter to do a good job so you wont get orange peel effect. clear goes on top of the paint to give it a glossy shine like car exterior. unless you just want a matt finish look, which would also look nice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts