Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who does this on the forums?
I saw a painted spark plug cover with the lettering in a another color.
I wanted this done.

I PMed blkturbo! but got no response from him.
I thought he did it, but maybe not.

Thanks guys.

·
SuperMember
3,154 Posts
any bodyshop can do it if you wanted done right or you can do it yourself it's a no brainer with some spray cans if you feel like doing it

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nah rather not do it by spray can style.
I've seen some real nice ones on the forums.
I knew some ppl did it.
Just looking to see if anyone still does.

·
Banned
1,280 Posts
take it to ANY body shop. theyl coat it with plastic primer, the color you want, then a clear coat. itl cost about 150$ and come with a warranty for show car quality and high temp clear coat. cheaper shops could probably even do a decent job for like 80$.

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
what is the color you want? I can do it,but hate dealing with the lettering,I just did one about two weeks ago white with black letters

·
Registered
277 Posts
When I had mine done I had the twin turbo shaved off and just left the Toyota emblem and 2jz-gte on there so one day when I'm single it won't say twin on the spark plug cover.

·
Never fast enough
715 Posts
i painted my cover i sprayed the color and then with a Q-tip i rubbed the paint of the toyota emblem and the other letter to bring the chrome back out and then i cleared over it. here are some pictures

·
Headlight Restorer
1,107 Posts
wait i don't get it....you don't use any chemical such as acetone on the Q-Tip to take the spray can paint off?

·
ELITECUSTOMBODY
6,552 Posts
94ttt, did you even prep it?
reguardless how you prep, using scotch pad with prep paste or sanding with 320-400 grit sandpaper, the chrome paint will come off in the prepping process, I actually do both, plus I use a special pen that has thousands of glass strands and use it on and around letters and tight crevices, so sounds to me there was no prep work,

·
Never fast enough
715 Posts
yes i preped it i used a scotch bright pad and went real easy over the lettering, then i wiped it down with wax and grease remover, then i sprayed it with bulldog, a adhesion promoter and flex adgent. Then i sprayed the cooler and used a Q-tip dipped in the reducer for the paint and rub off the the paint from the letters. After drying i layed the clear. This was not done with a spray can.

·
Finally single
1,123 Posts
Im redoing mine right now. Im waiting for the first coat to dry. Im doing something a little different and ill post some pics later.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I fixed the link to mine so it will work now.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts