Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
powered by
998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to repaint a few things on the car and I'm thinking of repainting my molding, it;s either that or replace it. It's not in very good shape right now. My question is, I have the 89 style molding with the plastic larger piece and then the smaller strip along it. The strip piece is loose in a few place and completly gone along the taillight piece. I am going to remove it entirely, don't like the look anyway. Should I worry about filling the gap it leaves, if anyone has done this, is it noticable? I could fill it if needed, or find some replacement trim-just trying to get suggestions. I will be removing the trim to paint. If anyone has filled it in, what did you use to do so? I would love to just get the 92 molding, but it's not worth the $$$ to do so and I've yet to find a suitable aftermarket replacement. I am going to do it the same color as the car, or just make it a huge neon strip around the car:)

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
talk to Trey, and I think Acroth has it done like that also. That smaller strip taken out, then the whole thing just blended, so the exterior moulding is smooth.

·
TheFastCoonAss
6,083 Posts
If the stock strips are still in good condition, and only loose I would re-use them. Pull them off, clean them and then use contact cement to reattach. Contact cement is sold at hardware stores for installing Formica counter tops. you brush it onto both sides and let it dry, then when you put them together, they are permanant, so make sure they are right the first time, they won't come off.

When painting the parts, go find Liquid Sandpaper to etch them and also use Flex Agent in your paint.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts