Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a good recommendation for painting the car here in Abq or maybe you have a shop and are looking for some work? I've got a MK III and I'm about 60% of the way through with removing parts and sanding the car down to the point where it needs to be painted, but I'm not ready to take on the task of painting this car. Its going to need to be towed to where ever I get the final work done. Thanks.
Don

·
MONKEY TURBO FTMFW!!!!!
738 Posts
Does anyone have a good recommendation for painting the car here in Abq or maybe you have a shop and are looking for some work? I've got a MK III and I'm about 60% of the way through with removing parts and sanding the car down to the point where it needs to be painted, but I'm not ready to take on the task of painting this car. Its going to need to be towed to where ever I get the final work done. Thanks.
Don
I tried this already man and i couldnt find anyone that would recomend someone reliable in the ALb area

·
Street Beast.
426 Posts
That Shop in Santa Fe is Custom Craft, However i have been using a Shop in Pojoaque for painting various pieces on my new car. The Service has been excelent and the work is exceptional, AA collision, Its gonna be kinda hard to find a shop that is gonna continue where you have left off, Im not sure on your skills buy most shops would wanna do it all on ther own..
Good luck.

·
Registered
358 Posts
When my got rear ended, I used a shop over off of Yale and Coal, called Duke City Body Rebuilding. They were a bit on the expensive side, thank God for the other persons insurance paying for if, but they did an excellent job with bodywork, including straightening, and paint. My car is black with some purple pearl factory, and they matched it perfect. They said that they had to repaint half of the car to match it correctly, but they did it to the "T". If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely go through them again. Good luck on your search, and be sure that you choose a place that does the kind of work that you absolutely like.

Chris

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
I have painted several Supras with Custom Craft to date and they do a fantastic job. They do the paint work on my Supra as well and I am extremely particular and wouldnt take it to just anyone. I highly recommend them and can help you out with that if you woudl like.

·
Street Beast.
426 Posts
When my got rear ended, I used a shop over off of Yale and Coal, called Duke City Body Rebuilding. They were a bit on the expensive side, thank God for the other persons insurance paying for if, but they did an excellent job with bodywork, including straightening, and paint. My car is black with some purple pearl factory, and they matched it perfect. They said that they had to repaint half of the car to match it correctly, but they did it to the "T". If I had to do it all over again, I would definitely go through them again. Good luck on your search, and be sure that you choose a place that does the kind of work that you absolutely like.

Chris
I havent seen your car in awhile, But it is definatly one of the cleanest or cleanest MkIII's i have ever seen. Ive been a fan of that car for a few years now..

·
Registered
358 Posts
If you haven't made up your mind yet, I highly agree with Ben about Custom Craft in Santa Fe. I have seen a few cars that they have done, and they were very very clean. You would not go wrong with them.

·
Registered
468 Posts
My car and kit was just painted by Ismael at Mena's in Santa Fe. I am quite picky about the work that goes into my car and was very happy with the final job. Anyone who has seen the car can confirm the quality :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts