Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently got a dent on my Z. its a small dent, about the size of a nickle. no paint damage or anything. i was wondering does anyone know of a place here in socal where theres a nice cheap paintless dent removal shop. i tried dent wizzard and they qouted me 100$ i think thats allot of money for how small the dent is. any help would be appreciated

Hammad

·
Registered
885 Posts
i need this too.

·
Registered
967 Posts
SAKRED said:
i recently got a dent on my Z. its a small dent, about the size of a nickle. no paint damage or anything. i was wondering does anyone know of a place here in socal where theres a nice cheap paintless dent removal shop. i tried dent wizzard and they qouted me 100$ i think thats allot of money for how small the dent is. any help would be appreciated

Hammad

sup hammad you goin to palmdale tonight? I have heard of "dent master" as well but not sure if they are the same company.

·
Original Owner
3,975 Posts
regional dent repair.
www.regionaldentrepair.com
the best in the industry as far as i know, and i would know.

ask for sean and tell him curtis w/ the silver supra sent you

-curtis

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sup hammad you goin to palmdale tonight? I have heard of "dent master" as well but not sure if they are the same company.
thanks for the replies guys. whats up man i just got home from work. i havent had wednesday off for a while, and i have been itching to hit up LACR. hopefully next week.

Hammad

·
Registered
176 Posts
Try Dent time they have pretty reasonable prices and do good work. There web sight is dent time.com

·
Super Moderator
10,496 Posts
kevganzon said:
Hey Curtis,
where are these guys located???
Kevin,

I think the owner, Sean Elfsten, lives somewhere in Riverside County. His number is (951) 310-0927. I used him after my car was dinged for the first time ever at the JGTC deal. I believe this guy is the best based upon the type of ding I had and its location. He charges $180 per panel but will charge Supra owners $135/panel with a referral. I highly recommend him....He probably saved me $2,000 based upon what it would have taken a body shop to do it right to do it right (both rear quarters and the panel behind the targa and in front of the hatch going across the top joining both rear quarters). He also comes to your home.

Ken.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
KenHenderson said:
Kevin,

I think the owner, Sean Elfsten, lives somewhere in Riverside County. His number is (951) 310-0927. I used him after my car was dinged for the first time ever at the JGTC deal. I believe this guy is the best based upon the type of ding I had and its location. He charges $180 per panel but will charge Supra owners $135/panel with a referral. I highly recommend him....He probably saved me $2,000 based upon what it would have taken a body shop to do it right to do it right (both rear quarters and the panel behind the targa and in front of the hatch going across the top joining both rear quarters). He also comes to your home.

Ken.
Ken,

I appreciate the info and the referral. I am really looking for someone I can trust with the body work because i have read and heard many horror stories. $135/panel is not bad at all! I am surprised to hear the car got a ding! I have two dings that are hardly noticeable by eye but i notice it. :rolleyes: (yes, i'm picky) None of which have any paint damage. One is on the passenger door and a minor one on the hood.

I have never really got a chance to comment on your car but I would just like to say the body work is phenomenal! I've seen your car several times in person and I am completely amazed at the work that has gone into it. I've seen closely how every detail of the car had been addressed well. I will even say that your car has the cleanest looking body kit of any Supra i've seen before. Ive seen many bodykits on supras that dont fit well or havent been properly maintained due to cracks, chips, and scratches (which in my case has been holding me back from any at the moment). How you drive your car around with a body kit that low through bumps, dips, ramps and have seen that you have managed to not make any scrapes or scratches on your body kit, simply boggles my mind. It seems like driving your car would become almost an art that only few can master. Im seriously looking to possibly get an aftermarket body kit sooner or later but i could not live to see chips and cracks. Your car is almost too good to be true. :bigthumb:

One more thing. :) Upon seeing the excellent condition of your paint and body work, do you happen to detail the car yourself or do you have someone do it for you? If not, do you know of anyone you can refer me to that i can possibly trust to take care of my bodywork as far as detailing and addressing several paint scratch issues??? Any feedback from you would be greatly appreciated. :D

Kevin

·
Super Moderator
10,496 Posts
kevganzon said:
Ken,

I appreciate the info and the referral. I am really looking for someone I can trust with the body work because i have read and heard many horror stories. $135/panel is not bad at all! I am surprised to hear the car got a ding! I have two dings that are hardly noticeable by eye but i notice it. :rolleyes: (yes, i'm picky) None of which have any paint damage. One is on the passenger door and a minor one on the hood.

I have never really got a chance to comment on your car but I would just like to say the body work is phenomenal! I've seen your car several times in person and I am completely amazed at the work that has gone into it. I've seen closely how every detail of the car had been addressed well. I will even say that your car has the cleanest looking body kit of any Supra i've seen before. Ive seen many bodykits on supras that dont fit well or havent been properly maintained due to cracks, chips, and scratches (which in my case has been holding me back from any at the moment). How you drive your car around with a body kit that low through bumps, dips, ramps and have seen that you have managed to not make any scrapes or scratches on your body kit, simply boggles my mind. It seems like driving your car would become almost an art that only few can master. Im seriously looking to possibly get an aftermarket body kit sooner or later but i could not live to see chips and cracks. Your car is almost too good to be true. :bigthumb:

One more thing. :) Upon seeing the excellent condition of your paint and body work, do you happen to detail the car yourself or do you have someone do it for you? If not, do you know of anyone you can refer me to that i can possibly trust to take care of my bodywork as far as detailing and addressing several paint scratch issues??? Any feedback from you would be greatly appreciated. :D

Kevin
Kevin,

Sean Elfsten from Regional Dent Repair is definitely your guy for dings. Curtis referred him to me and I have to say his work is nothing short of amazing.

I saw your car at the SPE dyno day and was intending to speak with you (because it is sooo clean), but you left before I got the chance. I definitely appreciate the kind words. My goal for my car (which was probably unrealistic given what I know now) was to make the fiberglass look like sheet metal and, given that it was a black car, make it appear as though it wasn't a body kit at all (notwithstanding the strakes underneath the rear bumper and the obviously not stock front bumper). So, proper fitment, cut line tolerances and all the detailed stuff becomes really important to the finished product. Like you, I'm very picky which means you have to spend lots of money, if you are replacing panels like with the Do-Luck and the TRD, to get it right on a black car.

As to driving my car, it helps that I'm the only one that ever drives it. Although I have to go out of my way sometimes to avoid intersections with very deep gutters. I can get through the majority of them, but I don't like all the horn honking and people driving up my tailpipe when the light turns green and I unexpectedly slow on the other side of the intersection, so I usually take a round-a-bout route. Unless the driveway is angled very steeply, I can handle these okay, having done it for years. I've always had my car very low (the Bomex lip spoiler I had on it before the Do-Luck was a tad lower to the ground than the Do-Luck because the Do-Luck is flat underneath and the Bomex lip spoiler was not). In any event, usually when there is a Supra event, and I don't know the area well, I usually speak with someone who does just to get a feel for local surface streets. Everything else I can usually handle.

As to body kits being inherently more susceptible to scratches than stock bodied cars, I'm not so sure this is the case. When guys ask me for body kit advice, I usually decline to offer an opinion unless I can see their car. If the car is a bit ratty looking in stock form, it will be even worse with a body kit. I think you saw some of these cars at the SPE dyno day. One thing to keep in mind is that body shops love to mold because it glosses over all fitment issues and they don't have to spend as much time on the vehicle. If you noticed on my car, I maintained the factory cut line between the rear bumper and the rear quarters, even going so far as to cut in half (and cap) the Do-Luck rear side skirts. I've seen too many cars with totally molded body work that spidered from one end to the other when involved in parking lot fender benders.

I do all my own detail work. It's the only way I can keep track of surface scratches, smudges and the like. It's not easy and takes a lot of time, but it is therapy for me after a week of craziness at work. On a couple of occasions when the car went to the 2003 SEMA show and an HIN event for SPE, I've used the detailer SPE has used for a number of years. He's pretty good, but I still prefer doing my own work.

If you are seriously considering a body kit, you might want to limit it to side skirts and a replacment front bumper, possibly a nice rear under diffuser. Installing and painting replacement body panels is fraught with difficulty. It can be done, but not cheaply. More and more guys are successfully modding the stock hood and I would probably consider this if I was starting over. You can get a stock hood pretty cheaply, experiment with it and not install it on your car until it's perfect.

I use to be MUCH pickier than I am now, but it took all the joy out of owning and driving cars. I love to drive so, over the years, I've reached an accommodation of sorts with rock chips and such that come from driving real fast and over SoCali freeways. That said, you'll always see me bobbing and weaving on the freeways to get away from trucks and monster tired trucks and SUVs. When I can't take the chips anymore, I'll just break down and have the panel resprayed.

Hope this helps. You're in LL and I'm in GT, so we can't be that far apart. We should hook-up some time.

Ken.

·
Banned
2,999 Posts
KenHenderson said:
Kevin,

Sean Elfsten from Regional Dent Repair is definitely your guy for dings. Curtis referred him to me and I have to say his work is nothing short of amazing.

Hope this helps. You're in LL and I'm in GT, so we can't be that far apart. We should hook-up some time.

Ken.
Thanks for your reply and your opinion on body kits. I guess I'll be contacting Regional Dent repair soon. GT is just minutes away. I'd definitely like to hook up sometime once the car is worthy of presentation. hahahah. ;)

·
Super Moderator
10,496 Posts
LOL, man. Your car is definitely presentable.

Ken.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts