Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like mid next month i'll have my car tuned for e85 hoping for 800hp range, and low 9 maybe high 8 1/4 miles.. so i'm gonna need a chute per track regulations..

Where can i find one? Is there a kit with mount and all? Any info would be appreciated.. THANKS in advance..

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
I assume you already have a cage?

·
Premium Member
4,431 Posts
Well it looks like mid next month i'll have my car tuned for e85 hoping for 800hp range, and low 9 maybe high 8 1/4 miles.. so i'm gonna need a chute per track regulations..

Where can i find one? Is there a kit with mount and all? Any info would be appreciated.. THANKS in advance..
Seriously??? First off your times you think you will run, you will not with 800. Second, you will need a 10 point cage, full fire suite, shoes, neck collar, 5 point harness, scatter shield, battery cutoff switch, window net, engine containment device, and most important a NHRA License. So i seriously doubt a parachute is really what you shoudl be worried about. Plus you tie the chute into a full cage...so for a first post , this is an idiotic post. Search is your friend.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yeah and next week I'll have my scooter tuned on liquid toothpaste...hoping for the 5000HP range and low 4's in the texas mile. Do you think I'll need a helmet?

Seriously guy, worry about the chute when you get there.

·
Registered
839 Posts
he just wants to go to mexico and show off his chute for mad street cred. haha
thats when bikes stop reving at you lol.

·
A State of Trance
2,694 Posts
Search for parachute mounting and you will find a thread with good pictures on how people have done it.

Yeah and next week I'll have my scooter tuned on liquid toothpaste...hoping for the 5000HP range and low 4's in the texas mile. Do you think I'll need a helmet?

Seriously guy, worry about the chute when you get there.
I call shotgun :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
ok when i sign up ppl are telling me i should run 9s easy with 545 i'm making then u say i wont run 9 with 800hp? i've already gone 10s without spraying. Do have a cage and the local track says any trap higher then 135 they require a chute.. so i'm just doing it to appease them..'

·
Mindset of a Killer...
1,778 Posts
What type of setup do you have and what was your time and traps in the 10s?

If you can show a timeslip that would be helpful too.

·
Mindset of a Killer...
1,778 Posts
What type of setup do you have and what was your time and traps in the 10s?

If you can show a timeslip that would be helpful too.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
ok when i sign up ppl are telling me i should run 9s easy with 545 i'm making then u say i wont run 9 with 800hp? i've already gone 10s without spraying. Do have a cage and the local track says any trap higher then 135 they require a chute.. so i'm just doing it to appease them..'
135mph...thats odd. Most tracks its 150+mph is when they require a chute.

·
adammackintosh.net
5,807 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I havent checked the rules lately but as silverbullet had mentioned, you do need all of those things. I have heard rumors that a chute is going to be required to go 9.99 as well as an engine diaper. Oh yeah, dont forget a driveshaft loop.

·
Registered
3 Posts
NHRA rules say anything faster the 150 mph requires a parachute. If you are not sure if you are going to have more MPH than that I would make a few passes before you purchase one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
10.78 136 60 will try and get a slip up later. Even had a 11.3 pass at 132 (60 ft was horrid on that one lol)
GM Turbo400 trans
Tein basic full coilover system
3.5" HKS super dragger turbo back exhaust
T4 single turbo manifold
Precision 76mm turbo w/.81 exhaust
AEM wideband with digital gauge
Greddy Race wastegate
Greddy Race blow off valve
NOS wet nitrous kit (installed but never used)
NOS 10lb bottle
NX bottle warmer
Nos intercooler sprayer
Blitz front mount intercooler
Precision 1600cc injectors
HKS dli ignition
AEM engine management system
B&M Transmission Cooler
B&M Quick shifter
Custom driveshaft one piece
6pt cage with removable and detachable door bars
HKS fuel rail
Aeromotive fuel pressure regulator
Accell fuel pump
Twin fuel filters
ALL fuel lines and NOS lines are stainless steel
Fuel cell holds 10 gallons
Optima red top battery
Dual electric fans
4Inch intake and k&n filter
TurboSmart Dual Stage Boost Controller
245/40/17 front
275/45/17 rear Micky Thompson ET street radials
Car also has no ac/heat/power steering/carpet/ etc...
Next month going e85 30+psi and enabling the 2 step

·
Blood for Blood
8,321 Posts
Nice set up and I gave you a great link to help you out.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts