Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just wondering how you park your supra, I have a hard time seeing, feeling, and knowing the surroundings when parking the supra. My car is lowered, with 19 inch rims and a body kit so it seems to be scary to go near those curves. I also have a hard time backing up because of the poor rear view vision and also the blind spots windows. I know the supra is a big car and the cons are the rear windows, so how would you do it to make it easier? Especially the front bumper is how to tell the distances from the curves when parking.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
IF i take my supra anywhere I park it away from the other cars unless it is the very first parking spot in front of the store. I always reverse park too

·
Glad to be back
2,180 Posts
I'd back up when parking, and keep peeking outside the door to make sure you have plently of room on each sides. Kinda look like a guy that can't park by double check so much but at least your good.

·
Banned
55 Posts
use your side mirrors - angle them downward slightly or just lean forward so you can see how far your wheels are from the curb. as for distances between bumpers, that just comes down to knowing the size of your car and which spaces it will fit and those it wont.

there is a fair bit of skill involved in reverse parallel parking which is why a fair amount of people cant do it!

·
second chance at life
1,965 Posts
Experience. Been driving for 30 years. As to where I park my Supra, its either the first spot and partly into the diagonal lines leaving more room on the other side for other cars or I will park way in the back away from everyone else.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
Parking a Supra is not that bad buddy. Just take 2 spaces. hahahahaha. OR go get a reverse camera, like one of those on the Lexus. (Eclipse makes the Headunit). If you think parking a stock body MKIV is hard try doing one thats widebody okay.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I can't tell you how many times I have intentionally parked as far from anyone as I can and when I walk out a car is parked right next to me.

·
Blood for Blood
8,323 Posts
blame the driver not the car
^ bingo

I can't tell you how many times I have intentionally parked as far from anyone as I can and when I walk out a car is parked right next to me.
^ lol that happens to me all the time....

I have never had an issue parking my MKIV. I run 18's and its not that low, I am in SD and cant deal with the roads here with a lowered car... LA is way way worse.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Happens to me all the time too. Or the cariage wrangler is waiting to talk to me about it etc.

I don't find my supra any harder to park than my DD Jetta, with the occasional lip scrap since the nose is much longer than the jetta...I would say just get to know your car...after awhile you will just know how much room you have.

·
The Good Doctor
1,884 Posts
i agree with you. i have came out and saw a car parked next to mine and then look around to see every other spot empty and think to myself..... WTF. My buddies just laugh at me.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Once there was a walmart sized parking lot and i was the only one parked probably 100 feet from any cars. I got out walked my football field walk to the store. When i came back out there were 3 cars parked around my supra and no cars within 100 feet. I was like HOLE E HELL, my wife is like "its just your luck"

·
Black Belt
161 Posts
Once there was a walmart sized parking lot and i was the only one parked probably 100 feet from any cars. I got out walked my football field walk to the store. When i came back out there were 3 cars parked around my supra and no cars within 100 feet. I was like HOLE E HELL, my wife is like "its just your luck"
LOL.

Once, a big SUV parked right besides me and I couldn’t see my car.

·
Registered
282 Posts
This happens all the time with me as well. Being the owner of 2 of them an easily the only Supra MKIV owner in 25 miles happens too much. Plus the parades that seem to hang out waiting for me wondering why year etc etc etc. Sometimes I get some older people doing it too and they don't know what car it is and wonder how much and where to get them (which always makes it into a laughing matter for me).

·
Banned
2,624 Posts
I have the same problem... Since my car is a RHD, people run over because it is a supra then once they see it is a RHD I have to peel their faces off the glass... They are like 2 year olds in a candy store...

·
Nope
444 Posts
i usually park in the middle of no where as well, and as for backing up sometimes if you park next to a car with nice paint you can use the reflection to make sure of where your at

1 - 20 of 42 Posts