Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to MIR for the Battle of the Imports race Sunday. The good news
is that they warned me about no cage but let me run. The bad news is
it was crazy hot/humid causing poor racing conditions and a greasy track.
I had to turn the boost back down to 21-21.5lbs to keep from the engine
sputtering and running rough. High heat maybe?
Anyway, to cut to the chase. I'll post the best 2 runs. I'm still on stock fuel/
MAF with Derek's meth inj, BL tranny/PI 3800 stall. Greddy SP exhaust, HKS
"S" fmic, HKS 264 cams, work with the Greddy T78 with .84 AR turbo. Race
weight ~3670lbs with spare tire in car and my 190lbs.
My first pass at 24lbs the car felt pretty strong until a bit past the 330' mark
where it started to miss/stutter. I looked at the wideband and saw 12.8. I
gave it a couple seconds to clear out and richen up a bit. Didn't happen, so
I let out a bit past the 1/8th mark and drifted to a 11.15 at 112mph. Figures
that this 1.61 sixty foot would be the only good launch I would see for the
day due to track conditions going downhill very rapidly in the heat.
Run 4
60'.......1.742
330'.....4.665
1/8......7.064
MPH....101.94
1000'..9.143
1/4.....10.905 My 1st 10 second pass. :)
MPH....128.20

Run 5
60'......1.631 Started out okay
330'....4.628 Spinning on the 1-2 shift
1/8......7.049
MPH....101.04 Lost a mph in the 3pm heat.
1/4......10.908 Same time but a better 60'
MPH.....127.65

Not great, but I really wanted the 10 second pass and the 128 traps
in the heat gave me hope for a Fall track rental with some 129-130 traps.
Plus it was great to see JimmyP, Ernie, Tony, Corny, Rich and Troy. And
due more to luck than skill I came in second place. I lost to Rich's DSM
in the finals. A trophy and $200 made the day even better. :)
Thanks for reading,
Wayne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,809 Posts
Awesome Times Wayne...I knew it would go in the 10's in the 1/4 no problem. Get that 60ft down, and cooler weather....you will see 10.5's!

Jason
 

·
Boost Junkie
Joined
·
12,738 Posts
Great job man. Amazing on stock fuel! Fall will be here in a little while.

Steve K.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
T6Rocket said:
Great runs Wayne!

Not sure of the limits of the stock fuel system, but I am guessing you are very close!

Al
Thanks Al. I was happy even though I think the car has several more
tenths in her. I just need some seat time to learn how to capture them. :)
Thanks!
Wayne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HotSoup said:
Awesome Times Wayne...I knew it would go in the 10's in the 1/4 no problem. Get that 60ft down, and cooler weather....you will see 10.5's!

Jason
Thanks Jason. I really am hoping for a 10.5 once I learn to launch/tweak
a little better and get some better air. I at least want to beat your
NON-Nitrous stock twin ET. :)
Thanks!
Wayne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,281 Posts
Thats Awesome Wayne! I am glad to see you beat Russ to the 10's and its funny that he is making 800 whp to the wheels. What did Rich run in his DSM? Congrats and I am assuming everything went fine with tech????






Staats
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jstaats said:
Thats Awesome Wayne! I am glad to see you beat Russ to the 10's and its funny that he is making 800 whp to the wheels. What did Rich run in his DSM? Congrats and I am assuming everything went fine with tech????
Staats

Thanks John! Yeah, give Russ some hell for me. :)
Rich had a best of 10.73 with a 137 trap. Track
conditions were really bad. Tech warned me to
slow down 3 times but they didn't boot me. :)
Watne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
M Miller said:
Congrats on hitting that 10 second slip buddy!! Better track and air next time will be your 10.6 or better.

Matt
Thanks Matt! I hope to see those kind of ET's later this year. I really
thought I was going to run 10.7's. After 3 runs without a 10 I was
damn happy to get the 10.90 :) If I had been booted after the 11.02
that would have sucked. I'm really glad it worked out.
Thanks
Wayne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,809 Posts
WayneCar said:
Thanks Matt! I hope to see those kind of ET's later this year. I really
thought I was going to run 10.7's. After 3 runs without a 10 I was
damn happy to get the 10.90 :) If I had been booted after the 11.02
that would have sucked. I'm really glad it worked out.
Thanks
Wayne
Is tech that tight up there?

Jason
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
638 Posts
it was a fun time this weekend! alittle to hot tho.........we need to get more cars in the class, would make it more fun for everyone!
 

·
HIGH ON PSI
Joined
·
1,040 Posts
wow! congrats, Wayne. The times you ran are pretty darn impressive especially with the heat wave that has hit the country. i love hearing your racing updates and look forward to hearing about some mid 10 passes! :bigthumb:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
NYC 93-2JZGTE said:
wow! congrats, Wayne. The times you ran are pretty darn impressive especially with the heat wave that has hit the country. i love hearing your racing updates and look forward to hearing about some mid 10 passes! :bigthumb:

Thanks Eric! And thanks for hooking me up with this turbo. The power it is
making at low boost is great. I thought I'd have to run ~24 lbs to hit 128
traps. The stall sucks up some serious power. I wish I had the guts to put
a lock-up switch on the tranny. I'd like to see what it would trap.
Thanks
Wayne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,809 Posts
WayneCar said:
Thanks Eric! And thanks for hooking me up with this turbo. The power it is
making at low boost is great. I thought I'd have to run ~24 lbs to hit 128
traps. The stall sucks up some serious power. I wish I had the guts to put
a lock-up switch on the tranny. I'd like to see what it would trap.
Thanks
Wayne
Lock that bitch up and let her fly!!!!!!!! I usually lock mine on the street from a roll. Since its already engaged it doesnt hurt anything and the car pulls so hard it scares the shit out of me :bigthumb: I made a pull to 160 the other night, and it felt great!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
HotSoup said:
Lock that bitch up and let her fly!!!!!!!! I usually lock mine on the street from a roll. Since its already engaged it doesnt hurt anything and the car pulls so hard it scares the shit out of me :bigthumb: I made a pull to 160 the other night, and it felt great!
Damn, I'd really like to lock it up but I've heard so many horror
stories. I'm running the PI single disc. What converter are you
running. VERY tempting.
Wayne
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,809 Posts
WayneCar said:
Damn, I'd really like to lock it up but I've heard so many horror
stories. I'm running the PI single disc. What converter are you
running. VERY tempting.
Wayne
triple disk...

Jason
 

·
Boost Junkie
Joined
·
12,738 Posts
Don't lock up that single disc under WOT on the street or track. You are asking for trouble.

Steve K.
 
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Top