Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all

i am still learning so please dont flame me, or tell me to search....i know ill get a few...

1) anyway, got an 89 turbo and gonna install an AFPR and gauge. besides those 2 principle items, what else is needed?
i am getting conflicting answers from people.

2) do i need a new fuel rail?

3)what should idle fuel pressure be set to?

engine mods: 550s, lexus afm, safc-II, greddy type-s bov, greddy profec A at 13psi, walbro fuel pump, k and n intake, 3 inch turbo back exhaust no cats.

thanks
Ryan

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BTW: some of those mods will be installed at the same time as the AFPR. currently only have the intake and exhaust and walbro installed.

·
Just say no to Supras
2,292 Posts
The stock fuel rail is fine. JBLMK3 sells a complete instalation kit including a mounting plate and the lines you will need to hook it up if you dont feel like sourcing the parts yourself.

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
i have no idea where you heard you need to upgrade your stock fuel rail. thats crap. you will need to bypass the J fitting on the return side tho- thats no big deal. if you get the jbl kit that will have everything you need.
i had basically the same setup you have except i had a 60 trim.
id start at 35 psi w/o vac line. tune on dyno w/ afc to get flat then adj fuel pressure to get the a/f where you want it. thats what i do and works well.

dave

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Depending on what size line you want to run(most run no#6) you will need a 12mm by 1.25 o-ring fitting(thread pitch of the hole left when removing the factory regulator) with the male size of the line you want to run ie. no#6 male to a male 12mm by 1.25 o-ring fitting, a fuel line( I use stainless braided line with a teflon inside liner), a fuel psi regulator, mounting bracket, and another fuel line to run to the factory return hose back to the tank.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts