Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 87 rebuild

Hey all, just wanted to show you my parts im using for my car, this is just a small update.

pulling motor
[/IMG]

[/IMG]

block
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Turbo TO4Z 67mm from Driftmotion
[/IMG]

.02'' oversized NRP pistons stock rods

Head

Crank

DM Exhaust

Fly wheel

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BOV

Wastegate

and these are my redone valve covers, think it turned out alright

Thats all for now! still cleanin parts and gathering others

·
Question to suit.
3,562 Posts
Looking very very nice. I want to see this finished!

·
Registered
763 Posts
Polish those valve covers, don't leave them raw like that.

·
Proud MKIII Owner
2,407 Posts
Quick question. Your thread says that your block was bored .020 over, but your pistons are for .050 overbore. You do know that they will not fit, right? Look at the marking on top of your pistion. That .050 means they are for a block that's been bored .050, not .020.

·
Registered
763 Posts
it will be perfect for your second gear burnout.

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
I detect failure

·
It might run right......?
1,492 Posts
Quick question. Your thread says that your block was bored .020 over, but your pistons are for .050 overbore. You do know that they will not fit, right? Look at the marking on top of your pistion. That .050 means they are for a block that's been bored .050, not .020.
they are .5mm over which is .020"

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
ya dude .5mm is .02, its the same thing, plus the shop used the pistons to measure the right size bore anyways so i kno they fit.

ANd syntax, what should i polish them with???

Never mind, i did some reasearch, back to the hardware store! haha

·
Registered
763 Posts
lawl

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i kno i kno..haha but at least i can make its shiney like my IC piping now :p Intake man is next

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
looking good... i like how clean everything is. you can almost eat off that stuff.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
haha well that stuff anyways, some stuff is like waaaayyyy dirty, previous owner was not to bright i think, but im fixin her up right :)

btw i should have those injectors shipped soon, sorry i have been busy latly and havent been to town

·
OH YEEAH!!!
473 Posts
Question on your rods, your re-using them right? What did you use to clean them up cause they look sexy lol and your crank is stock to correct?
Also whats your hp goal if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Question on your rods, your re-using them right? What did you use to clean them up cause they look sexy lol and your crank is stock to correct?
Also whats your hp goal if you dont mind me asking?
Correct sir i a am reusing them and they do look great! I believe the shop re surfaced for the bearings and just re surfaced the bottom for crank. Crank is stock but also got resurfaced.

My hp goal is 400-450. Id be totally happy with 400 but 450 would be great. We will see how well stuff holds up, im gonna start slow at 10psi which is the min my wastegate will allow, then work up to 15-18psi and see how everything holds up.

·
Member *****Supra's
1,069 Posts
anything done to the head?
looks clean but your gonna be pusing it with 450hp stock internals..
everyone always says they will be happy with 400, 500. you will always want more.. do it smart build it to do 700 and have a street tune at 500 and you can always up the boost later.

·
Banned
4,966 Posts
they are .5mm over which is .020"
ya dude .5mm is .02, its the same thing, plus the shop used the pistons to measure the right size bore anyways so i kno they fit.
Lawl!

and there you have it.

1 - 20 of 142 Posts