Supra Forums banner

Parts yard day 89 NA

338 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Dumeinao 
#1 · (Edited)
So an 89 became available yesterday in Santa Fe Springs, CA, a few miles from my house. It had been picked over decently. Around here even 1 day people descend quickly.

On a funny note whomever took the trans left the engine sitting at a nice angle towards the passenger side. I wanted the thermostat housing, but it was really going to be a pain to get to it because the ground was totally covered in oil/coolant etc. Then...i noticed something...

The whole engine was being held up by the front stabilizer bar. I grabbed my trusty Milwaukee M12 socket hammer, studied the situation, and thought...that just might work. I zapped bolt number 1, nothing moved. I moved as far away as I could and zapped bolt number 2 and the whole engine came to rest on the ground, allowing easy access. :ROFLMAO: 2 bolts holding the whole engine in lol. Anyway.

Major missing parts included the transmission, front seats, instrument cluster, tail lights (of course), the entire front end clip,

I did manage to pick up a thermostat housing assembly with all the sensors, OEM fan, Full coolant overflow assembly, Dual AC fans, AC relays, OEM exhaust front hanger, headlight retainer rings, various plastic pieces and screws/nuts/bolts. I did leave behind the IAC, TPS, and other stuff I already have spares for.

One thing I would mention is that the car still has the differential, and both the front wishbone upper A arms. Also, I didn't check to see if they drilled it, but the fuel tank is still installed as well. Also the hatch and hood are in decent shape.

See less See more
#3 ·
My son and I made the drive there yesterday morning. We arrived a little after 9AM and transmission was already removed and the engine just hanging there as you mentioned. When I first looked at it, I thought the upper radiator hose was what was holding it up, lol!
There were two groups of people already there so I didn't get much chance and space to look around and grab what I wanted. Really wanted the dash but it was already being taken and I just ended up getting a knock sensor and rear hatch rubber gasket.
I did find some 2001 V6 Camry's at this yard and picked up their magnetic VR sensors as spares for my CPS and to rebuild my spare one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.