Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am writing this on my cell phone inside of a Waffle House in Baton Rouge, Louisiana at 3a.m. while waiting for the nearest car rental place to open at 7:30a.m.

Here is the story of how I ended up here:

A month ago BamaDave contacted me in regards to selling his car after seeing my WTB thread. He gave me the info, I asked questions, he gave me a price, etc. He said the car was currently at a body shop and he was selling it to make room for a GTR. A couple of weeks into it he says the GTR he wants is for sale and if it sells before we can make a deal he is keeping the car. This is where things started to feel weird but I could still undersrand. All of this while the car is stil at the body shop.
He says he wants to sell the car as soon as it is out of the body shop so he does not miss out on his GTR and that if I don't want it there is someone else in line. He says He is available to show me the car on the 9th(today). He seemed to really not want to miss out on this GTR and HE lowered his asking price and included some Recaros and a TRD wheel in the deal. Then he comes up with another deal where he includes a lot of nice parts for $10k more and I agree. The car was finally out of the body shop last week and we agree on meeting on the 9th.
On the 7th I asked if we were still good for meeting up on the 9th. He said yes, that we were on. I wanted confirmation from him before making arrangements at work, and making reservations. The plan was to take a bus to Mobile, Al. and tow the car back to Houston with a U-Haul truck and the parts inside of the truck. So on the 8th he texts me around 10:30a.m. to ask if I can reschedule for the next Friday because he is on vacation and doesn't feel like going home and sorting through parts. He also said that the GTR was having some issuess and he was not in a big hurry to sell it anymore. I told him I had to be there on the 9th because those were the arrangements I made after HE gave me confirmation to meet on the day that HE chose. He hesitantly agreed.
So I get on my bus from Houston to Mobile, Al. at 8:30p.m. and he texts me at midnight saying he has to cancel. That he is selling the car to me too cheap and there are issues with the GTR. So I got off at the next stop which happened to be in Baton Rouge, Louisiana across from a Waffle House.

I never once tried to haggle the price. He contacted me, he set the price, and he set the date. I jumped through hoops for him and went as far as opening a bank account with his bank to ease the transfer since he refused to accept a cashiers check.

I am out a days pay( welder in oil industry), wire transfer fees, bus ticket, a lot of my time and sleep, and soon to be out of a car rental fee because the next bus ride that leave this place isn't until later in the morning and at this point I just want to get home.

He knows what I did for him and that I was on a bus. He did not respond to my texts after he cancelled. Another guy might have said all kinds of things. I politely asked if he was serious and told him that I was on the way. He also did not answer my call.

BamaDave is a coward and not a man of his word. I would not have cared if he had cancelled on the 7th.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Premium Member
753 Posts
I followed the thread on FB. Sorry to hear that Sergio.

I will have a discussion with the mods about this kind of BS and how we can discourage it.

·
Supra Saiyajin IV
241 Posts
THAT is shitty. So sorry to hear this. I hope something can get worked out in your favor.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
713 Posts
At the VERY least, you should get to punch him square in the face.

In a perfect world, you should be able to buy the car.

Since that is not the case, and the world is far from perfect, I think you should be compensated financially, AND punch him in the face.

This sucks.

·
Administrator
8,804 Posts
If I had to make the decision not to sell last minute, the first words out of my mouth would be "I'm going to compensate you for your time" regardless. 1 day travel + time off from work.

Matt

·
Super Moderator
10,499 Posts
Dave has been around here for a long time. Owned a few Supras in his time, as well, so I am surprised, and very disappointed, at this turn of events. Through our internet connections and Supraforums membership, we get seduced into thinking we know each other well, but we really don't. This situation is a prime example of what happens when someone turns out to be completely different than we thought they were.

Ken.

·
Moved to the dark side
989 Posts
How much money is left? I know a couple of very good stripjoints here in Amsterdam or why dont we just go to SILV and drinks on you?
Buying cars from a long distance is sometimes like a bad tinder date. This weekend I'm buying a Lexus in the UK sending someone else to fetch it. Hope it's not as much trouble as yours. It really sucks.

·
NY56637
1,813 Posts
Sorry to hear that you didn't get the Supra as anticipated. I can imagine, like many of us here you were probably excited to see it, buy it, and take it home. Buying a Supra should be a positive experience, not the opposite. The fact that you really went out of your way to arrange it is just the icing on the cake of the situation. Hang in there though, you'll find the perfect one that will make it all worth it.

·
Boost Junkie
12,616 Posts
Sucks man. He should at least pay your expenses and reimburse you for time lost on the job.

Steve

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
If somebody called me out publicly like this I would at least respond if I felt that I did nothing wrong. The fact that OP has blasted him on FB and here and not a word was said by Dave says something.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Saw this on facebook. Really shitty situation.

·
Turbo Pilot Since 1983
1,116 Posts
I lost track of time and did not realize he was already on the bus! I had just gotten home earlier and had not sorted out all the parts or located the title. Had I known he was actually in rout I would not have canceled. I called him this morning but it was too late. It was not my intension that this happen and I sincerely apologized!

We have since had several lengthy conversations and at this point he has no hard feelings and we are moving forward with the deal. Not much more can be said, it was an unfortunate mistake and I have made it right.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I lost track of time and did not realize he was already on the bus! I had just gotten home earlier and had not sorted out all the parts or located the title. Had I known he was actually in rout I would not have canceled. I called him this morning but it was too late. It was not my intension that this happen and I sincerely apologized!

We have since had several lengthy conversations and at this point he has no hard feelings and we are moving forward with the deal. Not much more can be said, it was an unfortunate mistake and I have made it right.
looking forward to seeing everything confirmed by OP

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
He has apologized a lot and I have no hard feelings. I gain nothing by being mad but, I have not confirmed that I am moving forward with any deal. I am taking a break from my search to cool off but I am most deffinitely not spending another grand to go look at the same car.

Screen shots have been posted on FB. My departure and arrival time were clearly stated by me as was the form of transportation.

·
Registered
6,294 Posts
Apparently more misunderstanding from Bamadave.

Wtf Dave? How Is it that twice now, you've completely misunderstood your buyer, who seems completely reasonable and competent in his ability to communicate with others?

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
I lost track of time and did not realize he was already on the bus! I had just gotten home earlier and had not sorted out all the parts or located the title.
Sounds like the organizational discipline of a stoned teenager, not an adult making an interstate multi-thousand dollar business deal.

·
Banned
131 Posts
Apparently more misunderstanding from Bamadave.

Wtf Dave? How Is it that twice now, you've completely misunderstood your buyer, who seems completely reasonable and competent in his ability to communicate with others?
I love it when CB enters a thread!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts