Supra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new control arm cause mine is bent causing the car to pull right at highway speeds. The dealership has quoted its a 2 hour job... I see roughly 6 bolts that would remove the old one and install the new one... this time does not include the alignment... I have a copy of the factory service manual... Looks very straight forward... I have an appointment this friday to get an alignment done. Any insight would be appreciated!

·
Registered
768 Posts
Looks very straight forward
You pretty much summed it up there. However there is one caveat, and that is if the adjuster bolts have seized inside the bush of the arm. If that has happened then it can turn into a real pig of a job with the last resort being to cut the bolts off. The only other thing which may cause a small issue is undoing the drop links. They have a hex key fitment in the middle of them to hold them whilst you undo the nut.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yeah I bought all new alignment bolts the only ones I dont have are the "drop links" I think you are refering to that hold the control arm to the frame? not really sure all the technical names for everything but i'll try and post pics of what I can. My girlfriends dad owns a small 2 bay garage with lifts so im trying to sneak in there but he has no love for my "race car, death trap" But we get along great just trying to get in when theres time this week I should start it at the house really dont see the NEED to have a lift just some jack stands and an air ratchet right??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.