Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have instructions on how exactly to do this? I know the light will be lit when I have it turned off. I just want my older son to be able to ride in the front seat. I have a switch that I will use and put it in one of the spots next to the snow button.

Jeff

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Is there anybody out there?? Someone please help. I know I am not the only one hauling 2 kids around. The 2 year old is in his car seat behind the passenger seat and the 6 year old has to sit behind me and put his feet over and up on the consol:eek: I am 6 ft tall and there is no room behind me. I want him to be able to ride up front.

Jeff

·
road hazard
452 Posts
i looked over the owner's manual and i don't think there is a on/off switch for the passenger airbag. the manual just states that the passenger airbag is activated when the driverside airbag is activated...meaning they will go off a the same time if something were to happen. no luck in finding some kind of on/off switch.

C

·
0 Posts
there's nothing in the tech manual either. I don't think there is a simple way to turn it off.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have heard there is a way to tap into the airbag ECU and do it. I have a switch I am going to use to turn on and off. I just need some help on exactly what to do.

Jeff

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i belive this was something that came around in 1999 well after toyota stop selling the car hear ..but i belive this is some thing the dealer had to install !
as a safty precation if needed! best to call toyota headquaters directly and find out!

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
should I just call my local dealor? I am friends with the service manager and the sales manager who is the son in law of the owner:eek: . They are cool and have helped me out on some of my mods.

Jeff

J

·
0 Posts
I actually got mail from Toyota about a two years ago (I own a 94 in Canada) They actually had a fix for this (FREE!) but never had time to go see them.

There is a way Toyota does it, I just don't know how!

Your dealership should know!

j0.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts