Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Curt,

I know the passenger side airbag covers are different in 97-98 saying Supra in script where the 93-96 is plain. Is there any difference with the airbag itself? Are the harnesses the same for all years?
I received the motor mounts and hardware Wednesday.
Thanks, will have another order to place shortly.
Jeff

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Curt, I'll place the order if I end up needing it. Not sure what year the bag is from yet.
Another question: I bought the hatch new rubbers and replaced them and still have a bad hatch rattle. Is it possible that my hatch shocks are causing this rattle? When I open my hatch as high as it goes, I tried pushing up on the hatch and it still moves a bit up. I'm guessing this is because the shocks are worn, but worn enough to cause a nasty hatch rattle? Can you please also provide prices for the two rear shocks for a 93.5TT.
Thanks,
Jeff

·
Super Moderator
46,551 Posts
68960-19585 Stay Assy List 137.84 Cost 101.93
68950-19895 Stay Assy List 137.84 Cost 101.93

Try some velcro [ cloth side] on the uppers and see if it goes away, if so then replace the upper hatch bumpers.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Curt Aigner said:
68960-19585 Stay Assy List 137.84 Cost 101.93
68950-19895 Stay Assy List 137.84 Cost 101.93

Try some velcro [ cloth side] on the uppers and see if it goes away, if so then replace the upper hatch bumpers.
I'll try that this weekend and get back to you. Thanks for the tip.
Jeff

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Had some free time so I tried your tip and the rattle is still as bad as ever! COuld the hatch shocks cause this rattle? If not, what else?

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ended up being loose cage nuts in the targa top which was in the back all along :rolleyes:

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, now I just need to figure out how to tighten them down. Taking the targa apart is easy, any tips on tightening everything up for good?

·
Banned
725 Posts
lis2k said:
Hey Curt,

""""I know the passenger side airbag covers are different in 97-98 saying Supra in script where the 93-96 is plain. """"

ONLY the 1998 came with the Supra script on the pass. airbag, Just an FYI so you order the '97.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I took the targa apart thinking it was the rear screws that were loose, but they are not. The cage nuts themselves are sliding around. Aren't they supposed to move around? Thats where the rattle is coming from. When I hold the targa and shake it I hear the cage nuts rattling around. Is there anyway to stop them from moving around and making noise while maintaining their function?
Thanks for the help Curt.
Jeff

·
Super Moderator
46,551 Posts
The cage nuts are supposed to be a litttle loose. If you remove the headliner you can tighten the two nuts that hold the cage nut plate tight.

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Those nuts are as tight as can be, looks like I am screwed with this design :(

·
I Solve Problems
4,349 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
None are broken, its just that for some reason especially one of the cage nuts is moving around way too much. What a terrible design it is. Not in my case, but if someone stripped the threads on the nut inside how in the world would toyota expect someone to fix that?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts