Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I cant roll down my passenger window with my driverside switch our passengerside switch.

I read somewhere if the passenger side switch is bad the driverside wont be able to control it either?

·
Master Shit Fixer
3,557 Posts
That is correct.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Take the passenger switch out, pop open the 4 small tabs. Inside you will find 4 contacts and 2 w shape metal tabs. Most likely one of the the contacts has a carbon buildup. Use sand paper and electrical contact spray to clean. A blob od dielectric grease will help keep the carbon at bay for a while. You can get the contact spray and grease at most auto stores. Failing that try somewhere like radio shack or digikey.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys.

Looks like Its not my passenger or driver side switch.

I had a fellow supra owner stop by and we used his Driver and Passenger side switch. Same issue. I couldn't roll down my passenger window. it works fine on his but not mine. anyway to check the motor?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Same here... Sorta. I can roll the passenger side window up and down, but it is extremely slow. I'm also thinking that it must be some kind of problem with the motor.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Figured it out. I don't think that it's the motor. The window is scraping against something inside the door. Rolled up my window one day and found a nasty gash in the tint on the inside of the car that wasn't there before. Don't have a solution yet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts