Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Shaq who?
841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright my driver side window works fine but my passenger side button on either side is not working! I also noticed my window lock button is missing because I have my door panel off and some how it got crushed between the door and the rocker panel. Is there any way to manually push up the window or override the window lock. Please HELP!

·
27836-12121
1,310 Posts
Maybe the disable bottton is pushed in:wtf:

Otherwise no manual override, hold on.................just disconnect the power motor and connect it directly to a battery it will roll up or roll down depending on how + or - are connected :D

ART

·
white guy
2,237 Posts
dum dum dumm dum dum duuuuuuuuhhhmmmumumumumumum!!!!

The dreaded passenger side window switch. That shit happened to me pretty much since I got the car, still haven't fixed it. I had it stuck down for a while, during the summer, I finally got tired of it so I bought a latern battery and opened up the door, hooked it up the the window motor directly, and it rolled up and down fine. So obviously all the people tellin me that my motor was bad were wrong. I got a pass. side switch from a junkyard supra, put it in, worked fine.... for a day. Then was stuck again. I then bought a set of both drivers and pass. side off ebay. I put them both in, now the pass. side window won't even roll down and get stuck like it did before. After that I just gave up... for now

K

·
0 Posts
KTLSupra Is my aim if you need a new 1 I done and got 3 cleaned up and everything cause mine went out and I just bought a parts car and 1 in the window worked great and he had the old 1 messed up I desided to fix it also so basicly I got 3 passenger motors if you need. :-D

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
Just a FYI, Cressida's have a lot of similar interior and engine parts, and are usually easy to find in the junkyard.

My switch went out at the beginning of this season, got one out of the back door of a cressida; $1.89.

Yay! ;);)

N

·
0 Posts
mine did that once, then i realized the window lock button was pushed in

it scared me for a minute

·
Go All Electric
1,183 Posts
Just keep tapping on the button over and over. It may work after some taps. I had the same problem ... it wouldn't work at all. One day I was joking with my friend about it and I kept tapping on the button and screaming at it .... then it went down on one of the taps. So I started just taping on it ... about a week later or less it just worked as it should have. I now don't have any problem. It's weird. I was thinkng maybe it had to do with the contact patch or something .. I dunno ... all I know is it works now. Best regards.

Also .. a fellow owner by the name of andre said:
"disassemble the switch clean the contacts and bend the little bars a bit tighter it should work again, mine does this about every 2 years. If I'm not being clear enough let me know, I could likely do a procedure if you need it."

·
Bert's Ban Club
1,637 Posts
have u tried to pull the window up with your hand as u press the button up? sometimes my mom's mercury sable' dirver window would not roll up...she drove 45 mins on the freeway in the rain at like 11pm with the window down. all she had to do was pull on the window a little when she pressed the up botton...i figured it out in only a few seconds....it happened another time after that and hte pull trick worked

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,352 Posts
87silverMKIII said:
have u tried to pull the window up with your hand as u press the button up? sometimes my mom's mercury sable' dirver window would not roll up...she drove 45 mins on the freeway in the rain at like 11pm with the window down. all she had to do was pull on the window a little when she pressed the up botton...i figured it out in only a few seconds....it happened another time after that and hte pull trick worked
That would work if it was something like a weak motor, but it's the actual switch that goes.

·
Rooftop Sniper
2,545 Posts
I had that happen to me, turns out it was that passenger lock button, damn that day pissed me off.

Then 90tsupraboy cleaned out the connectros like the sogi site said, and I can now roll the windows down with ease.

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,095 Posts
Yeah, my button was on when it scared me too.

You say it's missing? it's probably jammed... strawberry jammed.

·
MKIV SUPRA FREAK
1,738 Posts
mine doesn't work..haven't fixed it for four years lol..

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
actually i fixed mine today for the sixth time.

That switch has a tendency to carbon up the contacts. It is just a matter of disassembling the switch and then cleaning the contacts with 600 grit sandpaper. Reason the grit is so high is because you just want to remove the carbon and not the copper contact itself :)

·
yeah thats me!
2,570 Posts
next time you clean it put di-electric grease in there and see wht happens.. ill do this one day, assuming Ill ever get this thing on the road/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts