Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
I alluded to this info in the NorCal thread but that's not really fair as most of you probably never venture in there.
A gentleman that used to own several MufflerTech's in the area broke away and started his own fabrication business.
I had him make me a MK4 style manifold and I have to say that I am pleased.

JT2ma71's manifolds are works of art and if you have the time and the money I'd say go with him.
If you are looking for a cheaper alternative and a much quicker turnaround time Paul Jones is an option for you.

Pm me if you want his info as this is apparently seen as a very very bad evil thing to do out in the open. God forbid I look out for my fellow enthusiasts.
I am having him do my IC piping and Downpipe soon as well so I will keep this updated as anything he does he keeps jigs and dimensions for.

http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showpost.php?p=4260822&postcount=11

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
You cant make "advertisement" threads like this if you are not a vendor...

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I edited it to appease you.
For the record I have nothing to gain by this and wasn't aware that giving a shop a good review was a bad thing.
I'm, sorry for being a bad man and I'll go shoot myself now.

If you have some kind of problem with this guy I suggest you don't do business with him. Simple as that.

·
Supra Fan
4,114 Posts
supraphile said:
I edited it to appease you.
For the record I have nothing to gain by this and wasn't aware that giving a shop a good review was a bad thing.
I'm, sorry for being a bad man and I'll go shoot myself now.

If you have some kind of problem with this guy I suggest you don't do business with him. Simple as that.

I dont have a problem with any of it, I was just trying to make you aware that the way you made the thread originally is against the rules, and I could guarantee that a mod would of closed it. You have to understand that vendors pay money to advertise here for a reason . Its not my rules, its the forum rules..sorry

If YOU have some kind of problem I suggest YOU contact a moderator. Better yet if your friend wants to advertise his FFI's here have him do himself a favor and become an official vendor. :)

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can appreciate your standpoint.
However. There is a difference between a manufacturer that mass produces products and advertises their wares and an individual that makes one off custom made to order jobs.

i.e; jt2ma71.
I have the utmost respect for the guy and his manifolds but he is certainly NOT a vendor and is well known (for good reason.)

I guess I just feel that a community that I have been a part of for over 4 years deserves to know when there is a good deal available.
Regardless, I will use this thread to keep track of this install.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I'll be going with the stocker to get it back on the road as it won't be a tremendous ordeal to take the manifold off now. Later on I will use either a Mustang throttle body or maybe the 2jz..

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I got the head pulled. (In about an Hr and a half this time since I had a hoist) to discover that my Headgasket was TOAST.
So much so, in fact, that I know it was blown when I got it

That would explain the puking of coolant from day one..(of the three it was operational.)
I got my AC components (sans Fasteners...lol)
and reinstalled the condensor.
Turbo kit and everything else is aching to be put on.

How far do I have to break the head down to have it milled/inspected?

·
Registered
30 Posts
supraphile said:
How far do I have to break the head down to have it milled/inspected?
Ah, the most familiar picture of the 7m ;). The head can be milled with the valves still installed, if you remove the cams. I would also suggest that you remove the buckets, labeling them to keep them oriented with their proper valve (egg cartons work great for this). If you keep them labeled you will be saving yourself a lot of time during reinstallation. I would certainly have the valves looked at to make sure that you don't need a valve job while you have it out. At a minimum valve seals should be replaced at this point. Don't skimp, our cars HATE shortcuts.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just got a call from the Machine Shop(Del's Auto Machine Shop, Sacramento). They said that they only had to remove .008 from the head. On a side note he mentioned that this head was as thick as it possibly could be and Toyota usually leaves an extra .010 on the head. This head had .015 extra material and left him impressed.
I dropped it off yesterday at noon, It's ready right now and this shop came highly recommended by our techs here at the dealership, so I'm pretty stoked.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just picked up the head and it is gorgeous and clean.
Mirror finish on the bottom...SO...I WAS going to put my other head on in order to mock up the IC pipes and whatnot...Now I can reassemble it completely with the intended head.

·
Always playing catch up
1,632 Posts
did you do the block too?

<l><l>

·
Project:: Reaper
1,401 Posts
ok after all this bickering no one has asked and i didn't go to the original thread.

How much does he do the manifolds for?????

Do you get to keep the A/C?????

Does the alternator have to be lowered and if so does it come with a bracket to do so???

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
SB: Every manifold is one off depending on your setup and desired outcome. I can say his turnaround time is lightning quick. I can also say he does them for "Less"

Snakez: After doing a complete motor swap recently I can say that yanking the motor to disassemble it is not something I want to do right now. Given the excellent condition of the head and the fact that the block has very low miles on it I am going to risk doing the head only for the time being. If I blow it because I didn't deck the block then Shame on me and I won't do it again. However, I am not trying to build a monster just yet.
The reason I am not being 100% anal about this motor is because I have another complete motor that I am going to build from the ground up sitting in my garage. At that point nothing will be done half-assed as I am admittedly doing with this right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts