Supra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new to having a supra, its my first car, 88 NA 5-speed. nice car. just burns oil. is it posible that my PCV might have something wrong with it, if you come onto the car it will push the dipstick out. and the PCV lines are full of oil. really burns oil if you let the motor slow you down. and then put your foot back on the gas. but it really only burns above 3000RPM. most people i talked to said its my rings, but i was talkin to a few people yesterday, and they firgured with how well the car works and starts, rings being gone are a small chance. they figure it would run like crap if it were that bad.

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
valve seals?

·
Registered
15 Posts
hi yes the pcv pipe has to do with oil burning if its clogged the crankcase is not breathing and pressure pushes oil thru the seals, take the pipe out clean it, clean inside both of the little pipe pieces sticking out of each valve cover, clog that hole that is in the throttle body and put the PCV pipe on backwards, attach some hose to the end of the pcv pipe and run it down so it drips onto the floor, car will run better since the air getting into the intake manifold will be cleaner, that's what i did, u can disable the EGR valve as well just unhook its vacuum hose, you'll notice car will run better. email me if you have any question i don't look into the forums often [email protected]

·
DDDDUUUUUBBBBBZZZZZZZZ
2,022 Posts
It's just a pipe...it can't get THAT clogged. They will get some oil residue on them. My last N/A would throw the dipstick too. I put 40k on it without giving a f*ck, and the problem never really got worse. Probably just blow by.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Do a compression test

Do a compression test all cylinders, then a leak down. I had the same problem
pushing oil into the intake from the tubes on top valve covers. If you you have low pressure in one of the cylinders, do a check by using 45 lbs of air from a compressor, make sure the cylinder is on it's compression stroke and listen for air, I could feel air pushing out the crank hose going up to the intake valve cover.
My #4 cylinder had only 55 lbs of pressure on the compression test (80 wet, oil put in cylinder)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts