Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to all the people with the euro-hood scoop,
i was wondering if there are problems with it driving in the rain,
if u do drive it in the rain. im a bit leery about puttin one in and water getting in under the hood. i was planning on adding the scoop but my supra will be a daily driver, so i have to drive it in the rain if and when it does. also, whatis the avg price body shops charge to install one?? and where can i get it? Jaymarks toyota?? TIA
kevin

M

·
0 Posts
ask kapi for more informations...
www.mkiv.com under tech articles...
I`m driving my supra every day but problems in the rain ?!?
and which problems have guys with for example trd hood?
cu
mac

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I haven't had any problems. I think that any water that goes in is pretty much evaporated instantly. The air funnels down through the snorkel piece right at the turbos. This is a factory part in Europe so toyota wouldn't have added it if it was a problem. Kapi and I got ours overseas. I've heard the inside piece can't be ordered in the US but I don't know how true it is. suprastore had the kit for sale. There is a link from my page for a complete write up. Kapi and I installed it ourselves. Pretty easy.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i appreciate your help thanx...looks like i'll be gettin one of those hood scoopes after all then.., either way i was probably gonna get one, they look very nice, and help cool the engine bay down a lilttle....i seen a couple of quicksilvers running around here in houston who have those scoops, must say they look damn nice.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Euro scoop hood

I've my Eurospec Supra TT as a daily driver, no problem with rain what so ever.

It also got a net cover over the opening so you dont get anything in there like birds...:D

It does look better with the scoop at my opinion.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts