Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,

I just got my '97 Supra and look for aftermarket wheels. I really love the TE37 look on any Skylines with the center of the wheels curves in, but unfortunately, their offset is +22 as opposed to Supra, +40 to +45.

I am confused. Some Supra owners put 18X11 in the rear. I wonder if they have to roll the fender, which I try to avoid. I love the look of big ass wheels with deep offset.

Do you guys think that 18X9-1/2 in the front and 18X10 or 10-1/2 in the rear is perfect? Anybody every has problem? If so, what is the perfect wheel size for Supra?

Suggestions Pleaseeeeeeee Thanks..

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I don't think there is any "perfect" wheel size - it just depends on what you want. If you like to corner fast, I believe the perfect wheel size is 18x10 front and 17x11.5 rear. You will have to cut or roll your rear fender lip and you may need to have coilover suspension, check the wheel fitment guide in the tech section. Tire size for these rims would be 285/30 front and 315/35 rear. I've used them on the track and can tell you the Supra likes alot of rubber on the road. The reason for the different front and rear size is that tire availability is the limiting factor. You want to have tire diameters close to stock. CCW (888 577-0144) makes these wheels at an attractive price in the correct offset.

Jeff B.

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Ummm...

1) Go to "Tech".

2) See "Wheel Fitment" sticky.

3) Now you are smarter. :D

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jkbrauch said:
I don't think there is any "perfect" wheel size - it just depends on what you want. If you like to corner fast, I believe the perfect wheel size is 18x10 front and 17x11.5 rear. You will have to cut or roll your rear fender lip and you may need to have coilover suspension, check the wheel fitment guide in the tech section. Tire size for these rims would be 285/30 front and 315/35 rear. I've used them on the track and can tell you the Supra likes alot of rubber on the road. The reason for the different front and rear size is that tire availability is the limiting factor. You want to have tire diameters close to stock. CCW (888 577-0144) makes these wheels at an attractive price in the correct offset.

Jeff B.

Jeff.B,

What is the offset of your wheels?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Amuse - I don't know the offset. John at CCW does.

Jeff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts