Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Mods before Broads ;)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday, we picked up my cousin's car from Performance Motorsports and Chris did a great job, again. This time around he slapped on a Fluidyne Radiator on Karun's car along with some new Profile 5's and some cosmetic work.

Below you can an exterior and interior shot.

Chris, thanks for doing a good job and following up!

·
Super Moderator
10,373 Posts
Amar, I agree with Hua...VERY nice. Chris and those guys from PM have quite a resume of fine cars the shop has, and continues, to produce.

Ken.

·
Former Moderator
3,783 Posts
I read an article in SCC on you guys, a while back. The cars were only BPU back then...what are the setups now? Beautiful cars...congrats!

-Olivier

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
Chris is awesome. I bought a turbo blankie from him and Kean. The blankie developed a hole and Chris backed up his product like a standup guy and told me to send mine back. He said he would send me another one for FREE! That is what I am talking about.... standing behind your product instead of behind your keyboard!

Good going Chris!
Sid

·
Mods before Broads ;)
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Everyone: Thanks for the kind words.

Henderson: One day you will receive a submission from me for to4r.com - your site rocks!

Olivier Caza: That was us in SCC. Since then Karun got Performance Motorsports to install an RPS kit, built tranny, and fuel system. If you want more pictures let me know. For my car you can just click on my signature for pictures.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Looks awesome!! I continue to hear great things about Chris and his work!! Keep it up!
Also looks a little familiar to me ;-)
Nice to see some other badass Quicksilvers around!!
Later
Tom

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
houstonT said:
DAMN! Those rims and front lip look so familiar!!! :)
Peter
so does your car.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
You just posted pics first.

·
Former Moderator
3,783 Posts
houstonT said:
Actually I had the front modified lip first along with the FM/5 profile wheels. Nice try though...
Peter
Peter,
if you look at the pictures of Amar, it looks like the same modifications were done to his than to yours. Maybe you could shed some light with more details...

Amar,
I took a look at your website. Beautiful car...can you provide me with some pictures of the other QS cars of your crew!? :D

-Olivier

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Chris,
1. SW NEVER had the FM/5 Profile wheels.
2. SW's lip was not done like mine, his stuck out past the front bumper, mine was the first to be done clean and flush with the front bumper.
Thanks
Peter

·
basupra's worst nightmare
1,267 Posts
houstonT said:
Chris,
1. SW NEVER had the FM/5 Profile wheels.
2. SW's lip was not done like mine, his stuck out past the front bumper, mine was the first to be done clean and flush with the front bumper.
Thanks
Peter
Actually Peter, I believe there was at least one other guy that had done the same thing to his lip before you did, but his car never got the attention yours did. I believe his username is OVRBST.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Just curious... Peter when did you cut your front lip?

I know OVRBST and I believe he did his last summer, after he saw mine ;-)
FYI- I cut and installed my Wings West lip in the Spring of 2001.

Later!
Tom

·
Listen to my hands...
323 Posts
TT BomB said:
Just curious... Peter when did you cut your front lip?

I know OVRBST and I believe he did his last summer, after he saw mine ;-)
FYI- I cut and installed my Wings West lip in the Spring of 2001.

Later!
Tom
How hard was that to do(how was it done)? I have one as well...but I like the cleaner look of the modified lip.

For you or Peter.

Scott

peace

·
Registered
439 Posts
IT was pretty straight forward. I just cut the flare off the top following the line of the lip so it would be straight across. You should try to make a nice clean line which matches the bottom of the bumber.
I also cut the ends down about .5-1" off each side. After you cut the flares off and mount the lip to the bumper, you will see that the edges hang outside into the wheel well. I didn't like the way that looked so I cut the excess off on each side. I cut it so it matches the line of the bumper/fender.
I have seen others that have just cut it straight across and didn't touch the edges. If you knew me, then you would know I couldn't leave it like that ;-)

Hopefully I explained it ok, if not email me and I can discuss more with you... [email protected]

Tom

1 - 20 of 21 Posts