Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
LOOKING FOR 200MPH
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much of a performance difference will it make if I am unable to install the intake and the BOV? I am having the following done:
downpipe, exhaust, BCC, Boost Guage plus a couple of other non-performance mods. The person I purchased my Akimoto intake from (and yes he is on this forum...no names yet!!!) on the 27th of November hasn't sent it to me. (Let me rephrase that, I have not received it yet and he has not provided me with any type of tracking number!) My mechanic can't install the BOV and pipe because the stock intake is in the way of the pipe.

How difficult is it to install the BOV and do I need to do any additional tuning once that and the intake are installed?

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
Not having an intake, won't rob you of too much HP, but its better to have one.

As far as the BOV, its really not a performance mod, its really for the safety and longevity of the turbos, but an A/M should make your turbo's more repsonsive when coming off of and going back into boost (shifting, etc.) because compressor surge won't slow down your turbo's.

·
Registered
458 Posts
The stock BOV is actually pretty good anyway, and I've seen guys running really good times at the track with the stock airbox and a K&N so I think you'd survive without those two things for a while...:D And they're easy to install so it's not a big deal.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts