Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know where performance radiators for the MK11 can be found? It seems everywhere I have looked they provide them for 1996 and above only.
 

·
Douchebag
Joined
·
46 Posts
You'd probably have to make your own, or adapt one from another car.

BTW it's not a mark eleven, it's a mark two ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
use a mk3 turbo radiator. or get an aftermarket mk3 radiator.
 

·
2JZ Mk2
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
I've used a CSF Mk3 race radiator in mine. Not a bad unit for $315. I think I'd buy a CSF Mk4 radiator instead next time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
does the mk4 one work? i've thought they were to wide for the frame rails.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
620 Posts
Supra_devil said:
use a mk3 turbo radiator. or get an aftermarket mk3 radiator.
No difference between a Mk3 turbo and a Mk3 NA radiator.

The clutch fan was different, and is cheap upgrade for more airflow on a 5M/6M/7M-GE
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
60 Posts
i wasn't sure if they were different, so i just said turbo cuz i knew it would be better. still wondering if the mk4 one will fit though since SilverMK2 suggested it.
 

·
2JZ Mk2
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
Supra_devil said:
does the mk4 one work? i've thought they were to wide for the frame rails.
When I bought my CSF I asked about the Mk4 one and they said its the same core size as the Mk3 one. The only difference is the tanks and the outlet locations. Looking at the shape of the Mk4 on it looks like a better fit.
 

·
greasemonkey
Joined
·
3,138 Posts
Robbman said:
No difference between a Mk3 turbo and a Mk3 NA radiator.

The clutch fan was different, and is cheap upgrade for more airflow on a 5M/6M/7M-GE

you sure the fanclutch was diff. thought they were the same part number. i know the fans were diff. turbo had 10 blades instead of 7.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
543 Posts
Why are the universal circle track rads sold at places like Summit so cheap, and for what reasons (if any) would they be inappropriate to use in a street mk2?

Shiva
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
620 Posts
williamb82 said:
you sure the fanclutch was diff. thought they were the same part number. i know the fans were diff. turbo had 10 blades instead of 7.

Wasn't talking about the fan clutch as a stand alone part...
 
G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
MKII performance radiator.

So am I understanding correctly that both the MK3 and MK4 performance radiators will fit in my 85 MKII ?
 

·
2JZ Mk2
Joined
·
1,183 Posts
85Sledd said:
So am I understanding correctly that both the MK3 and MK4 performance radiators will fit in my 85 MKII ?
Directly, no! You need to make brackets top and bottom to install them.
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top