Supra Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me out with the name and possibly the website to any Speed Shops in NC or the surrounding states?

I am looking for a shop that has the capabilities to build me a 2jz. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
call Larry @ SP or Nero @ Titan....I wouldnt trust anyone else on the east coast to do a build for me. If you need small work done, I can help you out...I have been on base to help another member out and I am willing to help anyone else out also.

Jason

·
Toyotally Awesome
647 Posts
Supracerxtreme said:
Hey man I heard that phantasm somewhere in Raleigh could build one.... but like Jason said I wouldnt trust many places on the east coast either...

Here's a link:
http://www.phantasmusa.com/index.html
As far as I know, Phantasm has NEVER built a 2JZ. They specialize mostly in FWD imports. There are few places I trust to build/tune the 2JZ, and none of them are in NC. MSP in MD and Batlground in Atlanta are the only shops around here I'd consider.

·
Registered
555 Posts
Turbo time can do it, they are about to start working on a 3.4 stroker.

·
Gimme some SUSHI!!!!
559 Posts
soarer 300 said:
As far as I know, Phantasm has NEVER built a 2JZ. They specialize mostly in FWD imports. There are few places I trust to build/tune the 2JZ, and none of them are in NC. MSP in MD and Batlground in Atlanta are the only shops around here I'd consider.[/QUOTE

Oh okay, then I guess I heard wrong. Thanks :)

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey guys I appreciate the input. I am currently deployed and will not be back in the states until late this year, but I am looking at my options now so I'll be ready when I get back to start.

Do you happen to have to have an email address or # for SP or Titan? Where are those shops located at? Thanks again for the input guys.

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
1500+ rwhp member
911 Posts
Since you are military are you deployed from Fayetteville or Jacksonville? Just a guess...... If you need some parts for the build, I usually have some spare supra parts for sale.

When building a supra, I would try to stay as involved as possible. Sending the car to FL or MD to have it built is nice, but you really need to know first hand about the car. I don't see how you can be involved with it being that far away. Some of the best machine shops are right here in NC and assembly from short or long block form doesn't take a genius....

On another note, If you insist on having a 2jz specialty shop work on the car I would recommend Titan. Not that bad of a trip.

Good luck on the project and let me know if I can help.

Rich

·
DFA Motorsports
1,891 Posts
Id trust GSC in SC. Leh Keen works there (667 rwhp supra) and greg works there ( mid 500 rwhp I think its like 557 or somthing) Id trust them to do quality work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Supracerxtreme said:
Hey man I heard that phantasm somewhere in Raleigh could build one.... but like Jason said I wouldnt trust many places on the east coast either...

Here's a link:
http://www.phantasmusa.com/index.html
dont mess with phantasm for your 2jz. i lived in raleigh for a few years and knew the guys who own that place.i used to be in a little car club befor i got my supra and they fucked up several of the guys cars . go to some one with a reputation with 2jz builds.

·
IG UPDATES @ #BADMTHRFUKR
1,936 Posts
Definately go with a shop that has a good reputation and good customer service feedback.I would try MSP,AAP,Sound performance and my personal choice Titan Motorsports. I live like in the middle of NC and TN and didnt wont to haul my car to another state to get work done but eventually I decided that if I wanted it done correctlly then I'd have to take it to another state....soo after researching and talking to some of these shops above...I decided to take it to Titan and I dont regret it one bit....Good luck on the Sup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts