Supra Forums banner

721 - 740 of 740 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
That doesn't sound healthy. Rod knock sucks.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #724 · (Edited)
In other news I moved my MKIV to the new place because of this . I was literally on my way to the post office and then to get my truck and trailer and the green car and then this..... fuck.

She was super fun to drive to work yesterday on the wet curvy backroads. I don't have time for this I have to ship out some wheel caps before @FasTTurbo beats the shits out of me

Edit: I'm still moving and this car is now a fallen soldier. I started piling the interior with the leftover, spare MK3 parts I had yet to move that belonged to that car.
I plan to load it on a trailer this afternoon and tow it to my grandparents house. I'm going to stick it in their garage and forget about it until I have a place for it.
I do not have room at my new home for multiple projects. I picked the car that ran.

Car is for sale or parted out or sitting under a cover in a garage for the next forseeable years........

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #728 · (Edited)
parked in my grandparents garage under a car cover until further notice
there it will stay
grandfather argued passionately for the saving of the car, he actually financed the purchase. he said yes, "it's a good deal" when I showed him what I bought
he owned a chrysler conquest ya'll, they took that car from alabama to new jersey with me in the back windshield when I was 6...

it's a 30 year old car, recently serviced to the point of my personal safety. it has a straight body and mostly original paint as far as I can tell, little to no rust, a solid 8/10 interior except for some sort of science experiment dash :-( and a very obvious rod-like ticking/knocking sound now

we're all pretty upset about it, we loved this car

we talked about the heat problems of the 7MGTE "but grandad people show up on the forums every day to ask what they can do to get the heat down, the front end needs opened up as a tube chassis and lots of ductwork - aftermarket is the way to go, leaving it original makes it a ticking time bomb" pretty circular conversation leading to 2j swap if you ask me

if anyone in the southeast has a line on a spare 7MGTE block/engine I'd love to know about it because they are kinda fucking difficult to find thanks similar to @Chocolate Cowboy I too am in the market for a motor now, which motor probably depends on what lands in my lap

I can meet interested parties at the location where the car is stored, I'd need about 4 hours notice to get my shit re-organized. I20 between BHM and ATL

feel free to lock the thread, stick a fork in it this one is done

edit: oh yeah the car has oil I mean it's low (halfway to F) so this could be the dipstick tube kiss of death. my dipstick could've been reading wrong I've read about that. I haven't changed the oil long enough to even know guys if the dipstick reads correctly or incorrectly .I wasn't dogging the car, I wasn't doing high speed turbo pulls. I drove 15 mins on the interstate from my new house to my old house. I heard the knocking as I pulled up and slowed down :(
It is not leaking or pouring oil and like I said the car cranks and moves under it's own power but idk what kinda damage we're doing or not doing

·
Registered
283 Posts
THANKS @pham I FFEL BAD NOW ... however you may be in luck, there is someone in my supra group that's selling a GTE motor. I may be able to get you guys together to talk about a deal..

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #730 ·
THANKS @pham I FFEL BAD NOW ... however you may be in luck, there is someone in my supra group that's selling a GTE motor. I may be able to get you guys together to talk about a deal..
that's cute you think I have money
sold half a bitcoin to cover the down payment on the new house
bought the dip the same day we closed, cleaned out bank account lol ;-)
sad clown pulls pockets out of pants
there are no dollars here

idk if any of ya'll have gambling issues, but I'm either really really good with money and finances or I have a serious decades-long gambling problem and I've been incredibly lucky
this is not the venue for this topic

·
Registered
283 Posts
that's cute you think I have money
sold half a bitcoin to cover the down payment on the new house
bought the dip the same day we closed, cleaned out bank account lol ;-)
sad clown pulls pockets out of pants
there are no dollars here

idk if any of ya'll have gambling issues, but I'm either really really good with money and finances or I have a serious decades-long gambling problem and I've been incredibly lucky
this is not the venue for this topic
let me look into some things let me get back with you on that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
RIP y’all, pretty sure the motor just went kaput bang squeak knock on one of my trips hauling car parts back and forth between houses. It’s not looking good :-(

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18 Show Content

Reactions: pham

·
Registered
45 Posts
Dude, weird question - but do you know what the part number is for the centre caps on your 16" mkiv wheels? My drag wheels don't have centrecaps and it's painful to look at.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter · #739 ·
Dude, weird question - but do you know what the part number is for the centre caps on your 16" mkiv wheels? My drag wheels don't have centrecaps and it's painful to look at.
42603-14320 ebay/internet toyotapartsdeal whatever

721 - 740 of 740 Posts