Supra Forums banner
741 - 760 of 795 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #742 ·
About to start this same process. How did this all turn out. Which tie rod ends did you go with?
Tie rod ends were from driftmotion. I highly reccomend driftmotion for your MK3 parts needs, they probably have the thing you need. Look there first.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #744 ·
Car sitting under a cover somewhere else. No room at new house for the white 91 :(

boxes of parts inside... I blew the motor I guess. I've let the tag lapse and the car is liability insured.

I've bought a half million dollar home and I'm in the process of selling a > half million dollar home. I've downsized my garage from 2300 sq. feet of detached garage to 0 ft. of attached garage as far as I care. The taxman cometh and I prepare for that.

Cars are on hold until I build a shop. @Chocolate Cowboy tryin hard to source me a 7M tho, so I got that going for me.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #746 ·
Even if you find me one the problem I have currently is my tools, my 2z motor, my engine hoist - all that stuff is still at my old place because I have no place to put it. This was a strategic move to liquidate a lake house and get a new house and make some money off of it for the kids.

·
Registered
830 Posts
I'm in a similar situation man, need to build a detatched three car shop. Congrats on the home selling and buying, market is nuts here, took me forever to find a place.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #748 ·
I'm in a similar situation man, need to build a detatched three car shop. Congrats on the home selling and buying, market is nuts here, took me forever to find a place.
It's still in progress and like you said the market is nuts. Currently about 60 days deep in a plan to set my kids aside some money for college.
edit: AND keep my cars too

·
Registered
14 Posts
Should the front right driver’s side little black grille have a badge? There’s two holes there for a badge but I gots no badge there?
I’m starting to think this car has been resprayed, there’s little hints and overspray here and there.
My understanding is that in 91-92 Models. The TOYOTA emblem in the front grille was factory nixed due to rebranding and the emergence of the new T toyota symbol. And the mounting holes still are there because why create a new mould for a part thats about to retire? I read this somewhere and it made sense to me anyway.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #751 ·
My understanding is that in 91-92 Models. The TOYOTA emblem in the front grille was factory nixed due to rebranding and the emergence of the new T toyota symbol. And the mounting holes still are there because why create a new mould for a part thats about to retire? I read this somewhere and it made sense to me anyway.
You are correct. You are going through this thread chronologically as I learned about the car also. Eventually I got to the "knowledge level" that a 91 doesn't have the logo, just like you said.

·
Registered
14 Posts
@Captain the one with the elbow looks like it will be fine, @Supra_Spooler was seeing if he could just wrap his up in bubble wrap and slap a label on it but haven’t heard from him in a bit. What I have now has all been cat-gutted and straight pipe welded all the way back.

Noted on the screws, the oval heads are just what I have laying around.
I’ll be supppppeeeerrr excited about any potential down pipe donations!

Current status, troubleshooting trunk release
View attachment 249578
View attachment 249579

Pulling cable actuated but it doesn’t actuate enough to release trunk.

pretty much what the dash is going to look like when I finish it

View attachment 249581

View attachment 249580

Tearing out back half, cleaning carpet

View attachment 249582
View attachment 249583
View attachment 249584
To solve the trunk latch cable issue, the hack I used was to add like 3-4 small zip ties, fully zipped to the head, over the cable. This took out the slack or “cable stretch” and every still is working for me 3 yrs later. PS, First time on this thread and I’m in deep, lol. Sorry if my responses are outdated and your issue was solved here, Im still on page 4 or 5 of 38. Can’t wait to keep going, and I dont want to jump to the end just yet , too much valuable information in this thread. Thank You! 😎 JP

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #754 ·
To solve the trunk latch cable issue, the hack I used was to add like 3-4 small zip ties, fully zipped to the head, over the cable. This took out the slack or “cable stretch” and every still is working for me 3 yrs later. PS, First time on this thread and I’m in deep, lol. Sorry if my responses are outdated and your issue was solved here, Im still on page 4 or 5 of 38. Can’t wait to keep going, and I dont want to jump to the end just yet , too much valuable information in this thread. Thank You! 😎 JP
It's cool man this thread pulls together a lot of sources and people. I tried.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You are correct. You are going through this thread chronologically as I learned about the car also. Eventually I got to the "knowledge level" that a 91 doesn't have the logo, just like you said.
Thanks for the reply! I’ve been sitting in this Publix parking lot for 1.5 hrs reading. I need to get back to my job now, haha. Thx for the reply. Will catch up soon. Ps, I just got my baby back after I rear ended a lady who stopped short at a yield, cloverleaf ramp. Was right before Covid hit in Feb 2020. Finally back from body and Im revisiting all of my previous issues, PS leak, from somewhere? Torn boot, but was going on here to look for info. Great post brother. I’ll chack back soon

·
Registered
379 Posts
Thanks for the reply! I’ve been sitting in this Publix parking lot for 1.5 hrs reading. I need to get back to my job now, haha. Thx for the reply. Will catch up soon. Ps, I just got my baby back after I rear ended a lady who stopped short at a yield, cloverleaf ramp. Was right before Covid hit in Feb 2020. Finally back from body and Im revisiting all of my previous issues, PS leak, from somewhere? Torn boot, but was going on here to look for info. Great post brother. I’ll chack back soon
dude when i have free time at work i stay surfing this forum, always reading something. this is like my book but i get to ask questions and have them answered.

741 - 760 of 795 Posts