Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Phila/TriState Region SCCA is doing HPDE at Pocono June 17 & 18. The track layout for those days looks awesome fast high speed, includes a full banked turn leading into the entire front straight. Better have good brakes too:

http://www.phillyscca.com/club_racing/flyers/2005/PDE.html

·
Lost in Dawg-land
550 Posts
:iwdumbass

Gotta get out on the track this year sometime. There is a PDA event in early May too. :cool:

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It would be nice to see you guys come out ...even nicer if some other Supras would hit the track. As I usually say, it's lots of fun and if you've never done it before you can start in beginner's group with an instructor and learn good stuff about handling your car.

I'm also already registered for Friday Apr22 with PDA on the Pocono East Course ...I like this nice tight course. That's my first track day this year so I'll be seeing if everything is working right, especially brakes and see if my alignment got screwed when I had my rear wheel bearings and hubs replaced recently.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I'd love to get out on the track too, but i'd have to change up my setup some. Im sure my 4-row FMIC would cause cooling issues pretty quickly...

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey Aaron,
hope to see you. I'm sure if you drive real hard, the FMIC will cause cooling problems unless you take all the recommended preventive measures, ducting, etc. But there have been other MkIV Supras out there with FMIC's and mid to semi-large turbos and they still went fast, had fun with minimal cooling problems, or none on cooler days. One of the old regulars who we haven't seen in a while, you might guess who, had the HKS typeR which I think is about as big as the 4row and he did good with it; I don't remember if he had the TO4R or PHStg2 at the time.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Originally posted by Nick 95 6sp had the HKS typeR which I think is about as big as the 4row
Actually HKS Type R is as big as a Greddy 3 row.

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, there goes that comparison down the drain. Thanks for the correction.

Come out and have fun anyway. It seems the bigger turbo setups on Supras lend themselves to all the straight line highway pulls we always see and hear about ...but that seems so one dimensional to me and only highlights a very limited part of what the Supra is all about ...at least to me. Obviously I'm in the minority on this but it's hard to believe if you try this you won't have a ball.

·
Registered
298 Posts
I really do wanna start getting into road racing. Last summer when I came up and watched Nick tear it up around Pocono, i knew i had to try that sometime. Unfortunately, when i went APU, i didnt have road racing in mind at all, so my setup is not too good for that kind of hard driving. I'd love to sell the turbo and FMIC and start over and gear it more towards road racing.. :)

Decisions, decisions..

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Aaron,
I'm wondering where to go next with mine too. Hey, instead of tearing up and down on all these MkIV's, let's trade for a while and when we get sick of that, we can trade back ;)

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
wow, June's gonna be busy. E-town meet is the weekend before this. I'll come down to watch, the car probably won't be track ready by then :( .... I'm planing on hitting one or two of the PDA events later in the season though. That track layout looks a little fast for the brakes in the Jag, who knows, I might bring one of the S cars out though if any of my Audi friends feel like steppin up to the plate. How many people from the forums are actualy running in this event?

·
Registered
13,581 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Typically not many. Sometimes a couple Supras show up, but lately it's been lonely ;) I've never ever seen a MkIII at Pocono, are they banned? ;) No prob, I can enjoy being a lone wolf too. A couple 300ZXTT guys and a hot STi posted at another site that they're coming, so we'll comiZZerate. Ahhh, now you reminded me of my old '67 XKE, sorry I ever sold that baby after 10 years, had it from '72 to '82.

Hey, the guy who works in the business next to ours is selling his hot little electric blue S4. Damn nice little car and quick, said he'd like to come out some time but now he's worried about crashing it just when he needs to sell it ...young guy buying his first house. I told him you can live in a car but you can't drive a house, but such youngsters don't understand logic.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
Aaron,
I'm wondering where to go next with mine too. Hey, instead of tearing up and down on all these MkIV's, let's trade for a while and when we get sick of that, we can trade back ;)
You might be on to something.. :)

·
Certified Supra Nut :P
2,001 Posts
Nick 95 6sp said:
Typically not many. Sometimes a couple Supras show up, but lately it's been lonely ;) I've never ever seen a MkIII at Pocono, are they banned? ;) No prob, I can enjoy being a lone wolf too. A couple 300ZXTT guys and a hot STi posted at another site that they're coming, so we'll comiZZerate. Ahhh, now you reminded me of my old '67 XKE, sorry I ever sold that baby after 10 years, had it from '72 to '82.

Hey, the guy who works in the business next to ours is selling his hot little electric blue S4. Damn nice little car and quick, said he'd like to come out some time but now he's worried about crashing it just when he needs to sell it ...young guy buying his first house. I told him you can live in a car but you can't drive a house, but such youngsters don't understand logic.
haha, that was a great bit of banter

so you're driving an A70 there? There are a few local A70 cars that I might drag out. I'm going to start buggin people about it. I doubt they have the balls to track the cars, but at least they'll probably come to watch.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts