Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can i find a suitable body shop to simply lift the pinstrips on my mkiv in phoenix area. How much should i expect to pay. Thanks!

·
TC Motorsports
404 Posts
Buy a heat gun and some soapy water, it should not be that difficult to do yourself. Otherwise take it to Mike at Classic Gold 480-967-2521, tell him Ryan with the Supra and the M3 sent you.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Don't even need a heat gun - a hair dryer will do. Get some Goo-Gone (to remove the residual adhesive) and some cotton flannel rags and you're good to go. It does require some patience. After removal you will probably have to do some polishing where the adhesive of the pinstripping "bit" into the clear coat.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Do you intend to lift and replace the pinstripes on your car? The reason I ask is because they may have been on the car is 8 years or more ... might find your car's paint has faded leaving you with a darker paint underneath. Just and FYI.

·
Registered
3,327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well you made me think it was easy. lifting the pinstrips is; scrubbing out the adhesive is not. however im not doing it with a hairdryer just to goo gone. what a PITA.

paint seems fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts