Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which is a better for my setup?

I plan to get a Phoenix Gold Ti500 amp with 2 10" subs.

Which series should i got with for Phoenix Gold subs?- Titanium or Tantrum or Octane DVC series? Which is better and why?

Or should i go with JL W3 subs and be mismatched with my amp?

Sorry, I'm new to the audio scene, so i have no idea which is better.

·
Registered
703 Posts
You can't compare JL w3s with PG Titanium subs. JL Audio is a very popular brand and they make great subs and amps. Car Audio is a lot of opinion as well. You have to hear what you like. Everyone's taste is different. JL Audio subs are very clean and tight but can get real loud if you get the w6v2 and w7 series. They cost a lot but they're great subs. I've never personally heard PG Subs but I do like their amps. I have a tantrum 1200.1 myself and its awesome. It doesn't matter that you miss match ur subs and amp. I have 2 12"s jlw3v2 powered by the PG Tantrum 1200.1. You can mix and match all you want. I actually recommend that you do.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well the reason i'd prefer to stay one brand is for show purposes. and i'm really looking for something to sound a little better than factory- not loud obnoxious thumping beat.

thanks for input, although i'm still confused....hahaha

·
Super Moderator
5,991 Posts
Well if you plan on running the brand between amps and subs, I would still choose JL.

The JL monoblock amps have gotten nothing but great reviews and would be perfect for some w7's.

·
Registered
703 Posts
PG do have nice amps but they're not the best for jl subs. Any decent brand name that puts out around 500 watts for a JL w3v2 will be fine, whether its PG tantrum, PG Titanium, JL, Rockford Fosgate, Crossfire, Avionixx, MTX, etc etc etc..

For show purporses, are you going to getting sponsorship from PG or any other companies? If you could be sponsored by JL, that would be awesome. I stand behind all of their lines, the amps are kick ass, their subs are awesome and their speakers are great as well. You could have a full JL Audio car and just a single w7 with enough power will shake the crap out of your car. :D

W

·
0 Posts
1NewLexIS300 said:
i wish i could get sponsored by them........this will be out of my own pocket........thus keeping it simple...
if you want to keep it simple, and stick to a budget, then you should consider other brands that are just as good as JL , only cheaper.;)
Adire
ED
RE...

B

·
0 Posts
Let me put this into proportion.. 2 jlw7's will basically make you retarted hahahaha. :D

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
Zylo said:
two Treo CSX's will make you a vegetable :p
ya treo's are really loud. i have a friend who has 2 12's ( don't remember what model but its one under the highest) and that thing is loud. i have another friend that has 2 13w7's and that is so damn loud i can't even begin to describe it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts