Supra Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
got twins?
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How does Anna(Supra) lose w/ an .008 breakout to a .017 breakout for the Civic? Does anyone care??

"If you break out, or go quicker than your dial in, you're done, unless your opponent's break out time is greater than yours or red lights or crosses the centerline."

So possibly, she crossed the center line or the info posted on NDRA web site is not correct.

Hey guys

Yes, I'm glad someone else caught that. Right after the race, I went to the Race Director and asked for explanation. He said that Compulink controls it and it is a new system, etc.. 2 other people went to him with the same results. Tuesday morning, he calls me and tells me they made a mistake and they were wrong - I should have won and moved on to the finals.

Too late - nothing can be done about it now but it makes me feel better that at least they admitted it because none of it made sense to me or anyone I talked to.

I'll get some contest photos up as I receive them - the car ran flawlessly - and get this, I drove the Supra to and from the event (2300 miles total).

·
Former Moderator
3,783 Posts
Good job!! Too bad that happened to you but at least your car is running strong.

Patiently waiting for pictures! ;) :aroused:

-Olivier

·
Registered
904 Posts
What were your times?
Tony

·
got twins?
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
12.3 at 116 was my best for the weekend (twice) but my dial-in during qualifying was 12.44 (I broke out with a 12.43). I am launching a bit low RPM wise - under 3k because it is still difficult for me to look at the lights AND see where the tach is at the same time (we run a pro-tree .400 at NOPI) so everything happens VERY quickly.

With more practice, I should be able to "feel" the car a bit more and launch with the RPMs higher and get into the 11s - my goal for the season.

·
Team 10+ Year Member
3,510 Posts
That sucks that you got screwed like you did.... but its cool that you did so well.. best of luck with the rest of the season!

You almost made the finals in the bracket racing.. so how did you fair in the bikini contest? :D not meant to be a dickhead just playing around.

·
Super Moderator, Piss me off. I dare you.
12,619 Posts
Anna, you are still a dream girl! :love:

Perfect little natural hottie that actually races a Supra? Somebody catch me, I'm gonna faint! :yum:

Hope to meet you at Nopi in IL. :love:

·
Boost Junkie
12,385 Posts
Look into getting a 2-step. With the 2 step on you can concentrate on cutting a good tree because there is no need to look at the tach.

Steve K.

·
12,619 Posts
AllAboutDaZ said:
your car has more potential though
and yeah nice pic of the gurl
"The gurl" pictured is the owner of the car.

B

·
0 Posts
FYRARMS said:
"The gurl" pictured is the owner of the car.
Of course you'd be in this thread if you were a dog, you'd be a little chihuahua humping everyone's leg.

:leghump: :leghump: :leghump:

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
bikiniracer said:
I am launching a bit low RPM wise - under 3k because it is still difficult for me to look at the lights AND see where the tach is at the same time (we run a pro-tree .400 at NOPI) so everything happens VERY quickly.
Congrats on what should have been your win Anna. Were you using the parking brake like I showed you in TX? The qualifying passes where the reaction times don't count are great for experimenting. Proper braking to stall around 3500 and your new BFGs will give you that 11. Promise.

John H

·
12,619 Posts
blank said:
Of course you'd be in this thread if you were a dog, you'd be a little chihuahua humping everyone's leg.
Wow, look, you are here too. :rolleyes:

If you were anyone we cared about, we might give a shit about what you think. :jerkit:

Fuckin' newbs... :dienewbie

·
got twins?
420 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hey John

I didn't try the parking brake trick you taught me mainly because I was 1100 miles from home and I didn't want to accidentally mess up and break anything. I will try at my next event (closer to home) and let you know how it does then.

B

·
0 Posts
FYRARMS said:
Wow, look, you are here too. :rolleyes:

If you were anyone we cared about, we might give a shit about what you think. :jerkit:

Fuckin' newbs... :dienewbie
Actually it's just a new screenname since I got sick of everyone bothering me on my other one. I'd prefer to stay out of the FYRARMS circle jerk group, and do my own thing since i don't need nuts to swing off of.

Back to topic, Anna I hope to see you pull 11s this year at NOPI get some in car footage next time!

·
12,619 Posts
blank said:
Actually it's just a new screenname since I got sick of everyone bothering me on my other one.
So, nobody liked you then either, huh?

B

·
0 Posts
FYRARMS said:
So, nobody liked you then either, huh?
:cry: you got my soft spot, fat ass.

I take it your going to be at vegas next year bench racing AGAIN, just like last time, the time before that... you get the picture... :lol:

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Ya, put a two step on it and build boost at the line too. You'll be able to leave more consistantly and at WOT too. An AEM would REALLY make it easy but that's not for everyone.

·
12,619 Posts
blank said:
you got my soft spot, fat ass.
Good comeback. Keep it up, sport. You will be finding another IP to troll with.
I take it your going to be at vegas next year bench racing AGAIN, just like last time, the time before that... you get the picture...
Sorry, squirt. You are again confused. I have never been to the Vegas event. Oops. :rolleyes:

Sorry for the jackass, folks. Now, back on topic!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.