• Phr 2+

Votes: 23 79.3%
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
SAP R/3 Guru
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which turbo would you choose of these two Phr 2 or Phr 2+
price is no problem, the car will be used mostly in the streets but i will go to the racetrack sometimes.

Thanx in advancefor your time and your advice.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Neither

Neither one. There are other kits out there that can out perform these kits and they are considerably cheaper.

·
Registered
117 Posts
suprattnsa,
would you care to elaborate this statement a little for us newbies? Because I live on CA, I was thinking of their street kit which will allow the factory downpipe to still bolt on. That way I only have to worry about the visual smog check every two years. It will put about 500-515rwhp with our crappy gas.

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
GTE said:
suprattnsa,
would you care to elaborate this statement a little for us newbies? Because I live on CA, I was thinking of their street kit which will allow the factory downpipe to still bolt on. That way I only have to worry about the visual smog check every two years. It will put about 500-515rwhp with our crappy gas.
Search around, you will find that statement to be very true.

Since that wasn't the question, I won't reiterate that answer. If you only have those 2 avail, go 2+ for similar spool, better showing in drag times, and a bit more power.

Adam

·
Registered
904 Posts
Re: Re: Neither

Supramannen said:
That was not the question, if you don't have clue, please don't speak
You are the one who needs to get a clue my friend. The person who posted this thread is asking which of the two kits to buy. I am simply letting him know that there are better performing kits out there that also cost a lot less and that he should expand his options.

·
SAP R/3 Guru
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
So its seems that its all decied then i will go with a 2+ :).
I will order it right away thanx for the input, regarding suprattnsa comments, i dont agree IMHO there is not so many kit that i want to put on my Supra PHR,WOTM and maybe SP. I like the fact that the PHR kit comes with the best parts and an orginal HKS mainfold, the copies that many other companies does is good but i want a original HKS mainfold thats way cooler then a copy.
I have also seen the reults that Silverbullit have done with the 2+ setup so i feel confident that the setup will be up to the task and lanch me in the 10's at 402 m.

Thanx for the input

·
-Getting High on KAI-
272 Posts
Feel the same way as you Krister!!!
Really can´t se what a noneoriginal can`t do, SP, WOTM, BL ect... have tested there unoriginal castmanifold for shure, and even that I drive a original HKS manifold, I would not hasitate one moment I someone asked me if I could recommend a unoriginal one!!!

We have all seen that PHR products work good, but Supramannen don`t be so harch when you answer people, We ALSO know that there is loads of kits from other companies witch also rock ( do we not? )

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
FYI: The HKS manifold has been known to crack, and is made of a lower grade of steel (304 S/S I believe) than some of the modern HKS clones. I believe that Sound Performance sells an HKS clone made of 321 S/S, which should resist cracking a bit better.

HKS has great quality, no doubt, but you should be aware of this concerning their single turbo manifolds. I believe that forum member AndiB had some issues with his, and HKS would not honor the warranty despite the relatively new age of the manifold. You should search around a bit to confirm all this in case my memory is not so good. Hope that helps! :)

Steve T.

·
SAP R/3 Guru
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The only one i heard of thats had problems with the HKS mainfold is Andi B. and he was seriously racing his car, shame on HKS that they didnt gave him a new mainfold. If the HKS mainfold cracks on me and HKS give me the finger, i may have to take a little vacation over to Japan and meet the CIO for HKS and shove a rather large piece of mainfold up his ass, but thats only me combining vaction and business :).

·
-Getting High on KAI-
272 Posts
2DIE4 said:
If the HKS mainfold cracks on me and HKS give me the finger, i may have to take a little vacation over to Japan and meet the CIO for HKS and shove a rather large piece of mainfold up his ass, but thats only me combining vaction and business :).
:rockon: Thats the spirit, ;)

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
2DIE4 said:
The only one i heard of thats had problems with the HKS mainfold is Andi B. and he was seriously racing his car, shame on HKS that they didnt gave him a new mainfold. If the HKS mainfold cracks on me and HKS give me the finger, i may have to take a little vacation over to Japan and meet the CIO for HKS and shove a rather large piece of mainfold up his ass, but thats only me combining vaction and business :).
SP's manifold is made of higher quality steel than the HKS original. The other parts in the kit are pretty much the same. Midpipe and coatings aren't included with PHR. BOV isn't either (Again doing all this from memory, I'm a dealer for both.) I just want correct info floating around here, not biased stuff.

Adam

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
Well, since we're vearing off the topic of the question, I would seriously consider BoostLogic's (www.boostlogic.com) turbo kit as well... I'm sure Kean would be more than happy to elaborate on the BL kit...
Peter

·
Administrator
17,255 Posts
I'm fully agreed with Peter...the BoostLogic kit uses a clone of the Greddy T78/T88 manifold, although BL uses the higher grade 321 S/S as well. Definitely a worthy competitor to anything out there, and IMHO the best overall value of any current tubular manifold kit. :)

Steve T.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Steve Theodore said:
I'm fully agreed with Peter...the BoostLogic kit uses a clone of the Greddy T78/T88 manifold, although BL uses the higher grade 321 S/S as well. Definitely a worthy competitor to anything out there, and IMHO the best overall value of any current tubular manifold kit. :)

Steve T.
...especially with a $3500 price tag, it is definately a worthy
competitor. Also with a Greddy clone manifold, I was told it sits lower than the HKS style, thus decreasing the chances of having a front strut bar fitment problem (turbo touching the STB). But again, you can't go wrong with SP, WOTM, or some of the other companies mentioned above.

-Phu

·
SAP R/3 Guru
834 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I dont see your point Adam i havent said that the PHR mainfold is made of higher grade steel, HKS is 304ss and SP and BL is 321SS but copies on HKS and Greddy common facts, i have never said that the PHR kit comes with a bov dont know what you got that from ?. And i havent heard anyone else besides Andi B. that have cracked a HKS mainfold correct me if iam wrong and i have read most of the posts regarding mainfolds give or take a few.
Peace and love

·
Premium Member
2,597 Posts
2DIE4 said:
i dont agree IMHO there is not so many kit that i want to put on my Supra PHR,WOTM and maybe SP.

I like the fact that the PHR kit comes with the best parts and an orginal HKS mainfold, the copies that many other companies does is good but i want a original HKS mainfold thats way cooler then a copy.

I have also seen the reults that Silvino have done with the 2+ setup so i feel confident that the setup will be up to the task and lanch me in the 10's at 402 m.
This was the post I refered to. The HKS manifold is not superior to the clones, as you indicated. The parts are equal in quality btwn this and other kits, if anything there are common items that are not included in this kit. Silvino has a T66 turbo far as I can recall and hasn't run 10s that I know of.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the PHR 2 kit and I road race. I love the kit and have not had any problems over the past 1 1/2 years. I have had good dealings with Jarrett and his team any time i have questions. On the original question of 2 or 2+ I went with 2 over 2+ due to spool issues that I was looking for.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts