Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok... since i'm OBDII and hotwire.... the lexus maf won't work for me, and now i'm looking at what I can do for AFM or going around an AFM. Looks like the best way to go is VPC/AFC2, right? What's all this on the PHR MAP ECU??? At $795, it's supposed to replace the vpc/afc2 setup and have much more programmable options than the two... interfaces with a laptop, and you can download maps like the ems..... instead of buying chips....

Is anyone running this setup on their NA-T? It looks so damn good.... and at the price it's a steal. (a used vpc is going for what.... 500-700 these days?) Why don't I see more ppl with this setup?

Ps. So besides the fact that oil lines are different and I'm screwed with the lexus MAF... what else is diffrent with NA-T on obdii? I really want the install to go as smoothly as possible.

R

·
0 Posts
Hit up Cortvik on AIM. He has a 98 and did a NA-T conversion. I'm sure he could help you.

Ryan

·
Banned
281 Posts
sir i believe i have the oil feed line figured out, the 98 Na already has teh oil pressure port on the union bolt, i.e same union bolt as the IS300, SO, i will just nede to T off of this, in which i already have an oil feed kit with the Tee and fittings for this purpose. just figure out the fuel management, i should have everythign else

·
Banned
1,890 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
rwsupra.com: Is that is screen name? Do you have an e-mail or ne other way of contacting him? I haven't seen him online yet.... i did a search for him but didn't come up with nething.

ProjectDC2: I'm thinking of keeping the stock fuel system.... maybe putting in the injectors since i already have them, add the walbro pump, and an safc2 .... would that work for 300rwhp? Then when I feel the need for more hp down the road, just add in either VPC or swap to the Powerhouse Racing MAP ECU... I'm auto... all that extra hp won't do negood right now neway because I'm limited by my tranny, right?

·
GOT OIL ...?
1,407 Posts
right ... ur tranny will limit u for a little power not the amount ur dreaming off .. im doing the same right now .. i bought a safc , injectors and fuel pump till i get my sp tranny and then i will get me the vpc ... ithink u can push low boost with out using the vpc . :)

Joe

·
Banned
281 Posts
USMCSupra said:
rwsupra.com: Is that is screen name? Do you have an e-mail or ne other way of contacting him? I haven't seen him online yet.... i did a search for him but didn't come up with nething.

ProjectDC2: I'm thinking of keeping the stock fuel system.... maybe putting in the injectors since i already have them, add the walbro pump, and an safc2 .... would that work for 300rwhp? Then when I feel the need for more hp down the road, just add in either VPC or swap to the Powerhouse Racing MAP ECU... I'm auto... all that extra hp won't do negood right now neway because I'm limited by my tranny, right?

440's is n sfac is good for 300 WHP no problemo. maybe at 8 psi.

BTW got your list ready just email me and ill upload it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts