Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
SAP R/3 Guru
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iam curious about the PHR MAP ECU i have read all the threads about it but would like to know if there is anyone out there that uses the PHR MAP ECU on their single installation ?
I would be nice to hear your opinions about the MAP ECU.

Thanx in advance

·
Banned
1,433 Posts
I am very curious also. They claim to have sold over 50 units there has to be a few singles out there. Please chime in.

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,831 Posts
Im bought a PHR Ecu and a single kit... but its not going to be installed until the 1st of the 2nd week in Jan... but hopefully it works!

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Al from xxTuning in CT has installed the MAP ECU
on a MKIV running the SP Budget Kit. I think
results were 422rwhp @ 16psi. I'm not sure on whatelse
was the rest of the details but hopefully he'll chime in
and clarify everything.

This unit has also caught my eye and seems
to be a very good working unit. But i think i'll wait
out on it a bit to see what else comes of it. It's too
early in the game to make a decision.

happy holidays....
-Phu

·
Get These Balls
69 Posts
i'm going to read the thread in MKIII again (been gone for awhile)

that are the advantages/dis over the E manage

·
Unclipped Fury
767 Posts
i bought a phr map ecu...installed on an mk3. Loaded the base map for the 7mgte with 550cc injectors. The car started right up. However i am having problems with boosting now.. the car has major hesitation extremely similar to fuel cut.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
mikkee123 said:
i bought a phr map ecu...installed on an mk3. Loaded the base map for the 7mgte with 550cc injectors. The car started right up. However i am having problems with boosting now.. the car has major hesitation extremely similar to fuel cut.
The 550cc map, as with any map, is not for every car. This is just to get you going and get you to the dyno to be tuned. Anyone that can tune the car, should be able to eliminate those problems you are having. I ran into similar problems with mine before it was properly tuned. Just running the map off of my car won't get you what you need. It still needs to be fine tuned.

·
Registered
898 Posts
I want one, if it works!! Can you tune it with the data log and wideband themselves or do you need a dyno??

·
Unclipped Fury
767 Posts
This is true. The base map Jarrett made was with a T04E turbo..not with the stock ct26. This makes for major differences. As i said before, this is a great unit to replace the stock AFM and more advanced than the GCC/VPC combo. Definatley go MAP ECU.
Easily tunable, and MAO is so much more reliable than the optics in those damn AFMs

·
GSC Power-Division
908 Posts
the reson why your having trouble boosting is the car is running too rich. Take it to a dyno and tune it it will work great once it is tuned properly.

We run one on my person car and lI ove it. I tried one and am now a dealer for them. 10 fold better than the VPC its like a Emanage and a VPC in one unit. my car runs as smooth as it did when it was a mass air car.

·
Unclipped Fury
767 Posts
Yes thats true..tuning makes a world of difference. I am thinking f getting HKS's FCD and the 60-1 from PT before dynoing. But we'll see. I dont wanna take it to the dyno in the snow. Maybe in late feb or something. Shooting for about 375-400 at the wheels at 15 psi.

·
MKIV owner since 1996
2,869 Posts
we're putting one on a customer car now, I'll let you know how it goes.

Adam

·
SAP R/3 Guru
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanx Adam much appreciated

G

·
PHR MAP ECU;s are great. easy to tune without the pain that AEM's give some people.

Ive installed one on a SP71GTQ and a BPU car. Work great and pretty straight forward to tune and install.

If anyone is looking for one PM me, i have an extra one, brand new. (less than PHR pricing too)

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,831 Posts
baf32 said:
Ive installed one on a SP71GTQ and a BPU car. Work great and pretty straight forward to tune and install.
I am the guy with the "sp71gtq" ... and i dont suggest the MAP ECU. I bought one when it first came out and i am not happy with it. It serves its purpose, but for those of us that need to monitor other imporant aspects of our cars.. this is not for us. But if you just need something.. only to adjust your AF this is good for you.. but not at all a replacement for the AEM EMS. I will probably end up pulling the MAP ECU and replacing it with the AEM. In my opinion ... The map ecu is a waste of money and you should save up some extra money and stock up on Advil and go with the AEM.

·
Registered
757 Posts
SteelCitySupra said:
I am the guy with the "sp71gtq" ... and i dont suggest the MAP ECU. I bought one when it first came out and i am not happy with it. It serves its purpose, but for those of us that need to monitor other imporant aspects of our cars.. this is not for us. But if you just need something.. only to adjust your AF this is good for you.. but not at all a replacement for the AEM EMS. I will probably end up pulling the MAP ECU and replacing it with the AEM. In my opinion ... The map ecu is a waste of money and you should save up some extra money and stock up on Advil and go with the AEM.
Can you please elaborate. I was sure I was going to buy this product before I read your post. I'm only looking for a fuel controller to get rid of my restrictive MAS. As for data logging all I need is WBO2, RPM, boost and TPS...everything that I thought they offer. What other "important aspects" are you looking to log?

Are you disappointed at all in how this unit controls fueling? Are you not happy because you need a lot more than that?

Thanks for the info!

·
1400rwhp/8 Sec Club
2,831 Posts
If all you need it for is to adjust your Air Fuel Ratio and get rid of your MAF.. this is fine for you... Right now i am dissopinted with the purchase of my MAP ECU .. is because there is something wrong with my car right now... and some people are pointing a finger at ECU cause who knows i could of got a bad one.. or the wires arent hooked up right.. i dont know at this moment... ... and i really cant tell if it is that or not.. because the ECU doesnt log knock/timing... ect .. but if i would have bought a AEM i would better know what going on with my car . but i think you would be fine with the purcahse of it.

·
BPU is so 1997
5,354 Posts
The only way I would buy an AEM EMS is if I had $2k laying around for a new shortblock, or fork up the $ for it to be tuned by Nenni or Sean.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts