Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I just bought a used 2835 kit that the prior owner said they were modified by you guys for quicker spool (~500rpm). Each mani runner is bunged for an egt probe. I'm curious what the modification is, and if you recall this setup. Also, I'm trying to figure out the best location for the bosch wideband sensor on this setup.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.

·
SupraForums Manufacturer/Tuner
1,002 Posts
mkivbren said:
Hey guys,

I just bought a used 2835 kit that the prior owner said they were modified by you guys for quicker spool (~500rpm). Each mani runner is bunged for an egt probe. I'm curious what the modification is, and if you recall this setup. Also, I'm trying to figure out the best location for the bosch wideband sensor on this setup.

Thanks for any help you guys can provide.
There is no telling how old the kit is, so I cannot honestly say I remember it! However, we used to install smaller A/R exhaust housings and do a 6 degree clip of the exhaust wheels for faster spool-up and a bit more midrange power. We also HPC heat coat the exhaust parts on all of our turbo systems. As to installing a wideband bung, you actually need two of them (one on each downpipe) or one bung in the "Y" pipe where the twin downpipes come together.

Thanks!

Jarrett H.

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jarrett, yep you guys must have done these, they have been coated and they did have wideband bungs at the collector. Today, I had those bungs welded shut. From what I've read (at least in the aem uego manual) wouldn't that be a poor location for a wideband - being so close to the engines exhaust stream? And I'm even wondering about that collector, is there enough "blending" at that point to give an accurate portrail of all six cylinders?

Thanks for your help!

·
SupraForums Manufacturer/Tuner
1,002 Posts
mkivbren said:
Thanks Jarrett, yep you guys must have done these, they have been coated and they did have wideband bungs at the collector. Today, I had those bungs welded shut. From what I've read (at least in the aem uego manual) wouldn't that be a poor location for a wideband - being so close to the engines exhaust stream? And I'm even wondering about that collector, is there enough "blending" at that point to give an accurate portrail of all six cylinders?

Thanks for your help!
The ideal location would either be right before or right after the turbocharger, but you would still need two wideband meters to do it properly. I was trying to make it easy for you by putting one in the collector. And yes, if you get far enough down away from the "Y" you should be fine. I would say 6-8" down from the actual collector.

Thanks
JH

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Jarrett,

I pm'd ya, not sure if you got it. I need 2 sets of gaskets for this kit. Can you get them?

Thanks man,

Brenden

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone is running the 2835s with 850s and 272s on MAP ecu V2.2 would you mind sending your map my way?

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts