Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, just thought i'd post my impression of the PHR fuel kit I just got today. It is the stage 2 kit with the 850 cc injectors. One thing strikes me as amazing, the freakin fuel rail is HUGE. It measures 17.5 mm, big enough to stuff your pinky inside. I guess PHR wasn't kidding when they said they have the LARGEST diameter fuel rail out there. Also, the overall quality of the product, and great attention to detail was amazing (they even include shrink wrap for the injector clips!!!!). Anyhow, thought i'd share for those of you thinking about purchasing this kit, it's top notch...
Peter

M

·
0 Posts
Good luck with you project......

Hello Peter, good info. Did you get a pump with this kit? if so, which one?

Thanks,

Melvin

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Melvin, the kit came with 2 walbro pumps. They flow "slightly" better than the stockers. Feel free to ask any more questions you might have...
Peter

·
Registered
10,090 Posts
And you said you weren't going to modify this car beyond BPU Peter. In fact, didn't you say that like 2 just weeks ago? Now you have a fuel system? Hmmm....yeah, I bet you are installing that to safely make 450rwhp on your stock twins, right? :)

Later,

Dusty

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
Has anyone noticed or is it just me, Peter is this your way of getting good price breaks on parts.

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dusty - LOL, yea man, i'm making sure i'm safe with those stock twins!!!!

PM - come on man!!!! You should know me better than that. I post shit like this for one reason and one reason only. I want ppl out there to know as much as possible about their options. I have been in the supra scene since 94 and trust me, i've learned MANY things since then, and i have been screwed many times.
I guess the bottom line is that the PHR fuel kit REALLY impressed me, i felt that letting ppl know that would add some sort of value. I know if i were shopping for a fuel kit, and couldn't decide on one, i would like to have this sort of information from someone that is NOT connected to the shop or manufacturer. PPl know that i'm a straight shooter and ALWAYS post how it is, so by making this post, ppl can be DAMN sure that the PHR kit is DAMN good...

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey man, the kit comes with GSS341 pumps.
Peter

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
Peter,

Thanks for the reassurance. I too bought the PHR Stage 2 Fuel kit and can't wait to get it! I plan on posting my experiences on the Stage 2+ turbo and fuel kit along with the PHR race manifold.

·
Blue 03 cobra I wish :)
251 Posts
houstonT said:
Hey man, the kit comes with GSS341 pumps.
Peter
did u installed by yourself
If I wanted get installed by shop
how much should I be looking at install incase I get ripped off just like before :(
I had apexi intercooler installed for $300 for labor :(

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
I have a shop here in FL that is installing my PHR Race Manifold, PHR Stage 2+ Turbo, PHR Stage 2 Fuel kits for only $1200. My Greddy 4 row, Greddy 16row Oil Cooler, and Racing Type II BOV is also getting installed for an additional $600. All in all I'm only looking at $1800. MOST shops charge up to $2500 for just the turbo kit! Total rip off...The shop I'm using is very reputable and the owner/installer has been working with Supra's for quite some time. BTW...SpeedCraft is the shop.

·
4,417 Posts
VETKILR said:
I have a shop here in FL that is installing my PHR Race Manifold, PHR Stage 2+ Turbo, PHR Stage 2 Fuel kits for only $1200. My Greddy 4 row, Greddy 16row Oil Cooler, and Racing Type II BOV is also getting installed for an additional $600. All in all I'm only looking at $1800. MOST shops charge up to $2500 for just the turbo kit! Total rip off...The shop I'm using is very reputable and the owner/installer has been working with Supra's for quite some time. BTW...SpeedCraft is the shop.

Vetkilr...

Did you win the lottery or something? Damn you've got a nice parts list!!!! Yes you sense a bit of jealousy! hahaha

Are you going to put some cams in? You should build your head for high RPMs... then spin the shit out of it. That stage 2+ (especially with the race intake) likes RPMs.

Good luck with it...

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
c5killr - the install of the fuel kit will be by myself, with the help of a friend of mine here in Houston. As for the install, i'm not sure what they charge, i've never had a shop do any kind of work that is as serious as a fuel system install. Wedid my front mount in about 7 hours (5 hours of work).

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
Jim,

I just had my interior releather'd and to top it off I just bought a TRD Steering Wheel (red) from DUSTY. I planned on using either JUN or HKS 264 cam's and Unorthodox Racing Cam Gears. I would of done it sooner but the steering wheel and interior modifications was needed. How and where do I get my head rebuilt? What parts do I need and how much do you think it will cost me?

Also, you have a PHR Stage 2 kit. What size turbo is it? I just read from another post that the PHR Stage 2+ uses a T-61 turbo. Isn't that pretty small compared to most? AND I wish I won the lottery. You'll know when I post that I bought another SUPRA, a new VIPER, FERRARI, and an F1:)

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The PHR stage 2+ is MOST definately NOT a T61. A little birdie told me that the compressor wheel measures 66mm.
Peter

VETKILR said:
Jim,

I just had my interior releather'd and to top it off I just bought a TRD Steering Wheel (red) from DUSTY. I planned on using either JUN or HKS 264 cam's and Unorthodox Racing Cam Gears. I would of done it sooner but the steering wheel and interior modifications was needed. How and where do I get my head rebuilt? What parts do I need and how much do you think it will cost me?

Also, you have a PHR Stage 2 kit. What size turbo is it? I just read from another post that the PHR Stage 2+ uses a T-61 turbo. Isn't that pretty small compared to most? AND I wish I won the lottery. You'll know when I post that I bought another SUPRA, a new VIPER, FERRARI, and an F1:)

·
Registered
197 Posts
I don't have anything to add about the PHR stage 2 fuel kit that Peter has not already covered. Except I did have to make a trip to the store to buy wire, inline fuse, and some relay connectors, no great big deal. Just wanted to mention that so nobody gets suprised.
The one BIG point that I would like to make is about Jarret and customer service. Several weeks ago after picking up my kit from Dusty, I called PHR on a Sat. morning and was surprised when Jarrett answered the phone. We talked about the fuel kit installation, then he started asking me about my car. I told him about my new SP tranny and PI converter that was to be installed a week later. After talking about the converter he checked the PN of mine and told me that I had the wrong stall converter for the T 78 that I'm installing. That saved me a great deal of grief, as I was able to send it back and receive the new one in just a few days. And after hearing several different ways to wire up these 2 new pumps I emailed PHR last week. Jarrett and I sent information back and forth about 4 times during the week. With Jarrett's last message coming in after midnight on Thursday.
So many people just want your money and to be left alone. It's nice to know that we have support behind the products that are purchased from Powerhouse and Sound Performance.

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
LONESTAR,

Why did you have to buy those items? Doesn't the kit come with all the hardware needed to complete the install? Also, what was the final setup did you and JARRETT come up with...IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING:)

·
SupraForums Manufacturer/Tuner
1,002 Posts
VETKILR said:
LONESTAR,

Why did you have to buy those items? Doesn't the kit come with all the hardware needed to complete the install? Also, what was the final setup did you and JARRETT come up with...IF YOU DON'T MIND ME ASKING:)
The kit does come complete with all necessary hardware to get the pumps running. However, we only include about 3 feet of red and black wire with a 30 amp relay to provide power to the pumps. Some customers want to power the pumps from the battery, some from the fuse box, and others using the factory wiring. So, we leave the final power supply connection to the relay up to the end user per their specific install needs. In this case, I instructed Richard to run the relay directly from the battery or other 30 amp source to provide power. This wire is what he is talking about having to source elsewhere. Other than the decision where to provide power, the kit is by far the most complete on the market. We include every section of rubber and stainless hose, hose clamps, crimp connectors, and wire. Hope this helps.
Regards,
Jarrett H.
Powerhouse Racing

Q

·
0 Posts
I just bought a used PHR Rail/Injector kit and I don't see the injector clips in the package. Are the injector clips used to hold the injectors to the fuel rail?

The kit did come with aluminum adapters for the manifold end of the injectors.

Thanks.

·
0 Posts
houstonT said:
Hey guys, just thought i'd post my impression of the PHR fuel kit I just got today. It is the stage 2 kit with the 850 cc injectors. One thing strikes me as amazing, the freakin fuel rail is HUGE. It measures 17.5 mm, big enough to stuff your pinky inside. I guess PHR wasn't kidding when they said they have the LARGEST diameter fuel rail out there. Also, the overall quality of the product, and great attention to detail was amazing (they even include shrink wrap for the injector clips!!!!). Anyhow, thought i'd share for those of you thinking about purchasing this kit, it's top notch...
Peter
yeah people might say that PHR is $$$, but you sure do get what you pay for.

2 RIP

1 - 20 of 26 Posts