Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
JZ Enthusiast
3,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys .

my friend got the PHR turbo on hes supra for more than 4 years and hes running 650rwhp and the turbo became so old the fins starts to broke and it has slightly smoke so hes wondering if he shall take the same order but brand new or buy the SP67GT-HO ? does this turbo performce better than the PHR turbo ? what about at what rpm he should see full boost ? he wants turbo that opens so damn fast and pull instintly ..

please any help would be appreciated .

ali

·
60 footing
966 Posts
ali, TALAL told you to post this for him, isnt ?

·
Premium Member
11,271 Posts
bahraini_zupra said:
so which one got the most LESS LAG AND MORE POWER in these turbos ? or any other better turbo ?( PREFARED SMALLER TURBO FOR FAST SPOOL UP ) .

thanks

67HO has 150-200 more RPM of lag but makes 40 more HP.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Larry gave you the best response but I'd like to add that the lag IMHO feels worse in lower gears. As many of us have said time and time again, there is no magic turbo so quit thinking there's a turbo with less lag and more power. There are some that are slightly better but not enough to have decent proof IMHO.

bahraini_zupra said:
so which one got the most LESS LAG AND MORE POWER in these turbos ? or any other better turbo ?( PREFARED SMALLER TURBO FOR FAST SPOOL UP ) .

thanks

·
Registered
521 Posts
bahraini_zupra said:

thanks
You know i have T67Ptrim without BB and still very good spool (around 3700RPM full boost 22PSI) and pretty linear build from 2000 to 3700RPM. It is very streetable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts