Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which turbo actually is in this kit, it doesn't say on the PHR site and I've searched with no luck...

Also, pros and cons? Numbers and so on? Which A/R to go with?

Thanks!

·
supraman
632 Posts
Turbo info is not given by PHR so dont ask........as they say.. Go with another company if you want to know exactly what turbo your running.:) :cool:

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts

·
cinnamon jelly bean
1,653 Posts
taken right of the PHR website
"This very complete kit includes a fully hand-ported HKS stainless steel 50mm single turbo header, HKS GT series 60mm wastegate, polished PHR GT62 Series turbocharger"

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, so is the GT62 series any good? Anything special about them? Is this a good kit? I know it uses the beautiful HKS header and wastegate but what about the rest? Pictures?

Thanx guys!

·
Moderator, Boost Addict
2,597 Posts
What makes you want to spend so much?

·
I CAN HAS WELFARE
3,413 Posts
Get an ITS turbo, After buying my T88 kit I regret not looking around and putting a kit together using one of there Turbos.

Oh well

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Adam,

The fact that I'm getting the most beautiful header in the world (HKS) along with an excellent and good looking wastegate is enough for me.
Also, everything is coated and polished and all the lines are steel braided etc.
Plus their turbochargers seems to be very good, make excellent power/torque and spool very fast.

Am I right or wrong? Don't want to go the cheaper T78 route, have been thinking about the BL kit but the header is just not the real thing, just as SP, just clones... Plus I get a real good deal on it to :)

I need some stuff like a new wing, fans, pulleys, HIDs and shit, can you help me out or are we just gonna talk shit like last time :(

Email me, [email protected]

Take care!

Ryan Woon,

So tru, so true.....

PS. Love your car, so fast, so good-looking! DS.

·
Registered
323 Posts
PHR2 seems like the way to go, even for me
been scouting around and looks like its my best shot,
got a long way to save up for a single, thats where i have time to research on singles...

just get that phrstg2... it'll be good for street and the hwy:D

·
SAP R/3 Guru
834 Posts
The only thing i dont like with the HKS mainfold is that its made of 304 SS but other than that PHR2 rules when it comes to quality.
Good luck what ever you decied

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
2DIE4 said:
The only thing i dont like with the HKS mainfold is that its made of 304 SS but other than that PHR2 rules when it comes to quality.
Good luck what ever you decied
Thanks man!

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I was recently researching the PHR Stage2 kit and considering it for my Supe. I just have concerns about my car being an Automatic. I want to keep the car daily driveable, but am looking for approx 550-600rwhp. Is this too much for the auto-box? Would it also require an upgrade from 550cc injectors?

I would like any advice really for a single upgrade for Autos. Preferable something thats full boost before 4k RPM.

Thanks.

:)

·
SAP R/3 Guru
834 Posts
To get the full potential out of this turbo kit you should
get a fuel system with 720 inj. or something bigger.
You should also upgrade your gearbox and get another
stall speed around 3000-3500 i think.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I have the Kit and use it for road racing 650 RWHP & 649TQ and had the kit + new motor put in by PHR. This works very well. I can go out and put in 20-30 min sessions and put it to vettes, vipers, ferrari's. I am not the best driver but the car rocks, I just need to learn to keep up with the car. Get the kit you will not be disaponited. I spent many months reviewing which kit to get and I can not be happier.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
boostleak said:
I have the Kit and use it for road racing 650 RWHP & 649TQ and had the kit + new motor put in by PHR. This works very well. I can go out and put in 20-30 min sessions and put it to vettes, vipers, ferrari's. I am not the best driver but the car rocks, I just need to learn to keep up with the car. Get the kit you will not be disaponited. I spent many months reviewing which kit to get and I can not be happier.
:D :D

·
Exclusive 1000+ Post Club
3,488 Posts
Why not just buy HKS then?

1 - 20 of 85 Posts