Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
I'm ill, not sick
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just trying to get some input. I recently put a PHR stage 2 single with the HKS GT wastegate (not sure of spring rate, I believe it is 11-17lb). I'm using the HKS EVC IV to control boost and cannot make any more than 20 lbs of boost. When the boost controller is turned up past 1.8 bar, the engine breaks up and flutters. Also the dyno chart shows a very choppy hp graph with the EVC setting of more than 1.8 bar. I was under the impression that a good electronic boost controller could force the w/g to remain closed beyond the actual spring rate.

Any help will be appreciated.

·
I'm ill, not sick
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
BUMP!

Is this a dumb question? I said any help will be appreciated. Just a little input before I put out the money for a new boost controller. I think it's the controller.

thanks

·
Never enough
1,418 Posts
Hey buddy I noticed you're local to me (about 10-15 minutes), Id be happy to look over the car with you over the weekend if ya want...I have a manual boost controller laying around we could hook up and test to see what the problem is...Im right outside Aston, PA....

Andrew

BTW: Is this James Cusack from CV2?

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
The boost controller is the problem. I haven't seen one single turbo boost over 20psi with that boost controller... hell most people are stuck at 16psi. Get rid of it!! I think it has something to do with the fuzzy logic.

·
1000hp thanks to SP
598 Posts
Yep, go hks ez like i did. best move ever.

greg

·
I'm ill, not sick
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the help guys! I never really liked the EVC IV. I know others who have had problems with it. It was my original suspicion anyway.

Best regards,

James

1 - 6 of 6 Posts