Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
0 Posts
If your planning on running it on the turbo you have currently, It isn't even worth looking into, b/c your single is as big as the stock twin's. Plus is won't make power until over 6krpm.

2 RIP

Q

·
0 Posts
I am also wondering the same thing. I have an SP70 on order and still in debate whether to go with the PHR street or the SP intake manifold.

Can anyone give us good feedback as to why one is better than the other?

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
I wouldn't think that the difference would be that great. I think the PHR is 80 mm internal diameter and I don't think the SP is any different, but do correct me if I am wrong. I would like to see a comparison between the stock manifold and the one sold but Suprastore.com. I would be interested in dyno number. It has an internal diameter of 102mm. I was told that when used in conjuction with the stage 2 cylinder head, it'll yeild around 50 rwhp (with the T-78 turbo).

Eric

·
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't plan on running it with my current setup :)

I would consider the Bullish and others, but they require alot of other costs involved too! (ie: relocating battery, fuse box, etc)

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
Mine is prettier and is Powder coated!!! ON SALE TOO!!
:D :D

Also the SP intake retains the use of idle air control and EGR, I installed a PHR intake last year and it did not offer provisions for either. Maybe it has changed since??

Lar
SP

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Let's not forget about the Bullish Intake...better than both of them! ;)

See some pics here:

Jay's Engine

good luck,

Jay

·
3,463 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Larry-

I think the PHR has changed. They have a bracket for the IAC but not sure about the EGR. How "on sale" is on sale? Polishing is prettier :D:D

Also, does everything hook like stock (ie: throttle body)

Philly-
Did you have to relocate your battery and fuse box? Custom piping too?

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
chnco said:
Larry-

I think the PHR has changed. They have a bracket for the IAC but not sure about the EGR. How "on sale" is on sale? Polishing is prettier :D:D

Philly-

On sale for 650 with exchange

·
Registered
11,270 Posts
chnco said:
Larry-

Philly-

On sale for $650 with exchange.

Polishing is prettier for a while but the up keep is terrible!! It dulls so fast if you do not keep polishing it.

Everything hooks up like stock.

The Bullish one requires new IC piping, Relocating the battery, PS resevoir, and fusebox. A new throttle cable, No egr or IAC and who knows where the oil dipstick gets relocated to. It might make a tick more HP for those wishing for over 1000 hp, but for a street car I do not think it is very practical.

Lar
SP

·
Bad Karma Supra
2,784 Posts
Sound Performance said:

The Bullish one requires new IC piping, Relocating the battery, PS resevoir, and fusebox. A new throttle cable, No egr or IAC and who knows where the oil dipstick gets relocated to. It might make a tick more HP for those wishing for over 1000 hp, but for a street car I do not think it is very practical.

Lar
SP
Awww...come on now Lar!! pick...pick...pick ;)
yeah, ya gotta relocate the battery (but doesn't NHRA require that for 10sec passes anyway!!)...fusebox isn't too bad, throttle cable...yep...gotta pay to play!

·
Premium Member
6,923 Posts
I loved the PHR intake manifold i had on my black car. It DID retain the idle air control. I will probably get another one for my new car... It made about 25 rwhp or so over the stocker...
Peter
p.s. i would get the race PHR intake manifold, it is more similar to the Bullish intake, it has velocity stacks which the SP and PHR street version don't...

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
Peter...You know I just bought a PHR Stage 2+ kit. I am now in the market for an intake manifold. $650 is hard to beat and I doubt Jarrett at PHR will match that price. My question to you...Is $350 savings from PHR to SP really worth it? That is a huge price difference between the two. That diff. will allow me to pick up some extra parts. I plan on making a decision AND purchasing the intake manifold this Friday. Maybe I can time it so that I can get the PHR Stage 2+ turbo kit, PHR Stage 2 Fuel and the Intake Manifold (PHR or SP) all at the same time. I just hope the intake manifold doesn't take over a month to receive...I'm yet to get either PHR kit.

·
Got Juice?
468 Posts
SUPRASTORE.com's intake manifold was designed and fabricated by TITAN Motorsports. Just call NERO at TITAN and he'll have one quicker than TOZER at SupraStore. Just buy the manifold and don't let TITAN install it. NERO charges way to much for installation...ie, I was billed 6hrs ($390) to install a B&M Short Shifter which only took MARK 25-30mins to install. 2 hrs would of been fair...not six. That's not even half the story but that's another thread. NERO doesn't get laid so he has to make it up by raping his customers on installations.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts