Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your converter make any noise? Just installed my 3200 & while it works great, it sounds kind of like a noisy power steering pump. The sound varies with revs.

Thanks!

·
?!!?HABBA BABBA??!!
2,757 Posts
Does your converter make any noise? Just installed my 3200 & while it works great, it sounds kind of like a noisy power steering pump. The sound varies with revs.

Thanks!
u mean like a whining sound?? im not really sure why you would have a noise like that, but i would make sure you have plenty of fluid in it....otherwise, any noise from that area, i would make sure your torque converter bolts are tight.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
u mean like a whining sound?? im not really sure why you would have a noise like that, but i would make sure you have plenty of fluid in it....otherwise, any noise from that area, i would make sure your torque converter bolts are tight.
yup, she's showin all full. All bolts were torqued to spec with a bit of loctite added. Its not a menacing noise (not yet anyways) -kinda sounds like built TH400 -a little whiney. You cannot hear it in the car with the windows up, only with the windows down next to something.

·
Banned
2,133 Posts
If it is the converter making the noise.. thats IF

then your converter was not welded together straight and the sound your hearing is the seal on the pump getting worn away

are you sure its the converter making the sound?

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
If it is the converter making the noise.. thats IF

then your converter was not welded together straight and the sound your hearing is the seal on the pump getting worn away

are you sure its the converter making the sound?
It was the only thing I changed today. I'll check the bolts once more but it sounds like its going to PI for a rebuild!

Thanks for the help everyone.

EDIT: I should add -no noises when the fluid is cool.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts