Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is a pic of my baby I took yesterday. It's an 88 na + auto. I bought her in 1996 with 125,000 on the clock. In 1997 I did the 90 front bumber conversion and starion wheel swap. The original motor had 250,000 trouble free miles on it before she died in 2000. The tranny had 300,000 trouble free miles before I had to replace that. She has always been pampered.

Things that have been fixed:
1) stupid power window switch.
2)driver side window regulator
3)guage cluster dimmer switch
4)tranny and motor
5) brake light sensor bad (fyi 2nd gen camry sensor is a direct replacement)

Things that need attention:
1) stupid dome light.
2) intermittent brake light bulb problem (grounding problem)
3) ac recharge
4)slow leaking radiator

No mods will be done since she is dead reliable (OK, maybe a 5 speed swap, but that's not a priority). I have driven my baby from VA to NY and SC countless times without any problems at all. I have yet to even have a check engine light problem.

·
Now with less BHG...
409 Posts
Indeed they do

Stock suspension? What size are those rims, it doesn't seem to have the 4X4 effect that my 88 had...

·
Registered
1,911 Posts
Ditto here-
I really like those Starion wheels on there. For a 16inch size, they can't be beat.

·
9,000,000 lbs of BOOOOST!
625 Posts
kinda like the mkii wheels. So whats the mileage at now?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The wheels are the 16x7 starion wheels. I think the offset is -18 but I will check. They look best on the supra with 225/50 tires and a drop. The suspension has 1.5 coils cut off of the front and rear.

Yeah that's right , I said cut springs. They are great as long as you dont cut to much and install new shocks.

·
Akai Suisei - 赤い彗星
10,377 Posts
A60s are 4 lug, are they not?

·
Dr. Jeff Lange
9,351 Posts
He said what they were, and there was a discussion of the wheels, and then someone asks what they are, and someone else answers something that is not what was already said many times? WTF Haha.

They're Starion wheels. MK2 wheels are WAY WAY different, and also 4-lug.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
i think those are MKII rims, if im not mistaken

Thanks guys,

The rims are from the dodge conquest/ mitsu starion. They are 16x7 with a 5x114.3 bolt pattern. They are a dime a dozen on ebay (16x7). The wheels also come in 16x8 for the rear and 16x9 rear but the offsets are wrong for the supra (way to negative). Mitsubishi did offer a special handling package (shp) for the starion that offered 16x8 front (special offset) and 16x9 rear wheels. The 16x8 front will fit perfectly on the rear of the supra but these wheel are very rare and they sell for some nice change. I have a pair of the (shp) 16x8 but they are going on another project of mine.

·
It's only the beginning..
690 Posts
mark3dman said:
^^^they look kinda like the old IROC Z wheels
+1 I wish I'd had mine that long, then I wouldn't have this buttload of problems...

Very well kept, keep on lovin her, you know they love you back forever :D

Double Edit: Replace those window Moudlings... :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Yeah,
I am trying to decide if I will get new mouldings or figure some way to refurbish the old ones. Back in the early 90's the autoparts stores here used to sell a heavy gauged black tape made to recover black moulding or black-out chrome moulding. I used it on my 82 honda back then and it worked great. Never peeled.

I also found an abused 87 supra at a local "hole in the wall" used car dealership. It has severe rod knock but it's rolling on 17x8 and 17x9 polished mustang cobra wheels. He is asking 1800 for the car :rolleyes: . I am going to see if he will sell me the rims.

·
MА70>MA71>SC400
792 Posts
I like the way those wheels look, at first I thought they were MKII wheels.
Any way the car looks dope,
Good Job!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts