Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's a pic of my sub box with 2 8w6 JLs. my friend and i made the box about 2 years ago and i finally got access to a digital camera to take some pics of it. i like the way its removable and my targa still fits in the trunk with it.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the sound quality is excellent in my opinion. because the interior of the supra is somewhat small and compact, the 2 8in subs are perfect. the bass is crisp and enough to jiggle the front seats like a back massage. i might upgrade to a third 8in JL as i heard JLs sound the best in a set of 3.

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
by the way...hey tom, if i were to mount some tweeters right next to the door speaker, would the imaging be good? for example, on the driverside door, to the right of the speaker in the small section. if not, where would you suggest? i'll be installing the components next week along with a new head unit. the speakers will be boston components. thanks.

D

·
0 Posts
Just wondering..how did you bolt the box down? If you didn't bolt it down..does it slide around while driving?

·
805 Posts
Originally posted by ToySuPRa1:
<STRONG>by the way...hey tom, if i were to mount some tweeters right next to the door speaker, would the imaging be good? for example, on the driverside door, to the right of the speaker in the small section. if not, where would you suggest? i'll be installing the components next week along with a new head unit. the speakers will be boston components. thanks.</STRONG>
Look at the Momos post by SupraDex, he has his on the kick panels and thats where everybody seems to like to put them for imaging....
yeagy

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just wondering..how did you bolt the box down? If you didn't bolt it down..does it slide around while driving?
the box is heavy enough to keep it still while driving.

Look at the Momos post by SupraDex, he has his on the kick panels and thats where everybody seems to like to put them for imaging....
yeagy
yea, i checked out his sweet setup. i'm turning towards that setup but would like some other suggestions before i make swiss cheese out of my panels.

N

·
0 Posts
i had 3 jl 10's in a box like that. it rocked. the rear hatch area is perfect for a wedge type box, all the bass loads off that rear window and pushes forward so you gain a few db. you can hear and feel the difference if you turn the box around or drop the seat down and push the box forward, the bass level goes down tremendously.

·
« f ï z z | ë »
761 Posts
i have the same question that 2bad4u asked... novasupra, you said that you had 3jl 10's... do you have any pictures of the setup? i just wanted to know because i have 3 10w6's waiting to be put in but i'm not sure how i am going to fit them in. also i was wondering where i would put the amps... any suggestions will be appreciated. tia :)

·
road hazard
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i think some good placements for amps would be in the rear trunk where the foam pads are. i fitted an amp behind the driverside foam pad. if i relocate the jack and tools, i could fit a second. or under the passenger seat. just some suggestions. :)

·
Registered
200 Posts
So it's better have them facing backwards then.....

What if i build a box where the spare tyre used to be...shall i face it upwards or trying to have it facing backwards?

//
THX :cool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts