Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a pic of the Center Support Bearing, aka Carrier Bearing, installed on a MK III Supra.

Also, anyone know of any changes between an '87 Supra 5 spd N/A and an '89 Supra Automagic N/A as far as the driveshaft goes? The local boneyard has an '89 Auto N/A that they say I can get the driveshaft out of if I want...

·
Registered
2,138 Posts

auto driveshafts have a different length then a w58 5-speed driveshaft or r154 driveshaft

from my knowlege there are 3 driveshafts, automatic, w58(n/a 5-speed), and r154 (turbo 5-speed)

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is that an auto, or stick shift driveshaft?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rear flange of the forward driveshaft.... mine doesn't seem to be pushed out as far as yours. I'm betting there is a spacer or 2, that are missing...

Anyone know what sizes/locations total there should be, spacer wise?

Also, length of the driveshaft, anyone?

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^bump^

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Need the length of the front driveshaft for the w58. This one is measuring 20.5", from the side of the yoke end (where the U Joint goes) to the end of the splined shaft for the rear flange to bolt to the rear driveshaft.

Also noticed 3 wires hanging out... red/yellow/black, at the end of the transmission... Starting to think this was a 5spd swap....

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
from what i've seen and read about is that the part numbers are the same for the center bearing on most years of supras. The center bearing on any 87-92 supra driveshaft will work on all driveshafts. It's just the driveahft that won't fit, but if you can find a near to perfect center bearing that has Very very little to no free play, Pull that sucker off and stick on your current driveshaft. Check out the thread http://supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?t=255214 and it will tell u how to remove the center bearing.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts