Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many of you have knocked out the stock front (intercooler) grill and either left it open or put in an aftermarket grill? Post pics!

·
Registered
1,113 Posts

pretty shitty shot, but thats my friends car. he put in ginormous (sp?) PIAA fog lights in. had all the front fiberglassed where it was cut and such.

·
desufnoC
1,842 Posts

I think if its done right, it can look nice, but I personally plan on replacing my bumper with the gracer/greddy. Not bad for a temporary thing though I guess.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I took mine off but thought having the exposes mounting holes showing looking worse then just leaving the grill there so I put it back.

·
My name's Scruffy.
1,566 Posts
i cut mine out, and used small amounts of chicken wire and bondo to actually make it smooth so it looks nice...ill try to get pics up, but i have problems with the car right now and im very unhappy with the POS lol

·
1JZ BLING
2,604 Posts
Id lik,e to apologize for the Lip

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
viperlocc i would like to take a look at your car..i'm installing a FMIC and need to decide whether to keep the stock grill or not....i was thinkinf of usng chicken wire also

·
Chris Dickens
3,027 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fozbo said:
BIC's car has the front bumper grill cut out with mesh replacing it.

That's what I'm talking about! :drooling: :bigthumb: :wackit:

·
got boost???
1,362 Posts
hey suprang what intercooler is that? looks good...what did u use to cut off the grill? any rough edges from cutting it?

·
RoastBeefCurtain Commando
6,015 Posts
Just a question not to jack. But i took my bumper off last night to check for mounting my new IC.
If I take the bumper support off, can i still mount the fog lights?

BTW, I dont wanna hear I shouldnt take the support off. Thats not what Im asking for reference.

·
7M POWAH! baby ;)
2,396 Posts
here's mine.. i mainly put mesh in there for protection of my ic.. i'd rather hide it than have a rock get it lol

oh and excuse my terrible photoshop skills on the lenses, i wanted a sneak preview of what they would look like when i got them on there lol, i couldn't wait a week for them to arrive

·
Premium Member
4,409 Posts
supratkfy said:
hey suprang what intercooler is that? looks good...what did u use to cut off the grill? any rough edges from cutting it?

its a custom intercooler i had someone make. I used a jigsaw, yes it leaves V's behind, so you either leave it or get them filled in, keithh made a post about how to do it a long time ago.

BTW nice cars guys.

Ang

·
when this baby hits 88mph
2,198 Posts
SuprAng said:
its a custom intercooler i had someone make. I used a jigsaw, yes it leaves V's behind, so you either leave it or get them filled in, keithh made a post about how to do it a long time ago.

BTW nice cars guys.

Ang
actually i used a die grinder and cut the V's out as well then sanded smooth. you could see the yellow of the inside of the bumper so i painted all that flat black on the inside.
not the best pic but only one i could find off hand.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts