Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well after getting rid of the supra last year and picking up a camaro, i just couldn't stand being out of the import scene any longer. Found this little beauty for a great price so I couldn't pass her up. Only have these two shots of her but once i get a good coat of wax on ill take some up to date photo's.

Car is a 1997 prelude with a built head and a lot of other mods ill list when i get home.

Still not sure about the wing though kinda like the stock wing in the first pic but didn't come with the car. what you think?

·
Turbology
434 Posts
Awesome man, the H22 is a badass engine, and before the K-series revolution, H22 Civics were formidable hybrids on the street and the track.

A friend of mine had a 96-00 Civic coupe with an H22 swap. The only mods he had were a JDM Type-S head, full exhaust and a 75-shot of N2O. He ran low 12s consistently.

Much like an LS/VTEC (B16A/B18C head on a B18B/B20 block), the H22 head can be put on an H23 block and makes some serious power.

Check out these guys too:

http://www.importbuilders.com/blocks.htm

:)

·
Registered
27 Posts
looks good. I wouldnt mind a prelude either. looks good. As for the car, i say loose the wing get a lip for the trunk, loose the stickers, DTM pipe and put something like the HKS sport exhaust for it. Then perhaps drop the gold emblems, get an OEM hood painted to match, and add the "jdm" turnsignals and headlights. I think the car would be perfect in my mindset. but either way, looks like a damn nice car. good buy!

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I had a 97 Prelude before the RSX. It was a very nice car. If I didn't lose the car in a flood, I would still have it today.

·
Who's the Master?!
4,073 Posts
Nice ride! I definitely dig those Preludes. I say go for the stock wing as well and ditch the DTM exhaust tips. Everything else is working for you. Congrats on the purchase.

·
Registered
157 Posts
get rid of the wing, exhaust tips and hood. Those cars are usually overpriced, along w/ Integra GSR's but they are great daily drivers. They look good, last a long time, and are decently quick w/ good gas mileage. Congrats on the new ride.

·
2JZ S13
2,207 Posts
Looks good i like it. Always been a fan of those cars. for some reason they seem to be un picked on by the ricer crowd and that could be why i like them.

If you need any stock stuff for that PM me. my buddy sold his and kept a bunch of stock shit (Bumpers,Side Skirts,Taillights,spoiler (i think) and a few other things i can find out what.

·
Turbology
434 Posts
The nice thing about the H22 is that the extra displacement really helps spool larger turbos that would otherwise be laggy on a B-series.

·
Turbology
434 Posts
There are some pretty decent turbo kits available for the Prelude that will make good power, but of course a custom kit with a Full-Race or Love Fab manifold will make more power.

http://www.turbo-kits.com/prelude_turbo_kits.html

The Turbonetics and RevHard kits are cool, GReddy is pretty lame as it does not include FMIC or BOV (and if you add them the CARB certification is invalid).

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually dig the hood, Not sure if I can get rid of the exhaust tips as its a cat-back exhaust so ide have to lose the whole thing That and they are gold so kinda goes with the gold lettering theme on the car(and doesnt sound like rice lol). Deciding whether or not to pick up a stock wing or go for this one.

Getting the entire car resprayed next month since the paint is ten years old and has a few nicks an dings just wanna get it perfect then ill be building the bottem end and hopefully bolting on a turbo. Head is good for 10k rpms and is already running on a hondata standalone system(will go aem when turboing).Never driven a front wheel drive turbo though so kinda iffy about this... Any experiance on turboing honda's?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks good. I wouldnt mind a prelude either. looks good. As for the car, i say loose the wing get a lip for the trunk, loose the stickers, DTM pipe and put something like the HKS sport exhaust for it. Then perhaps drop the gold emblems, get an OEM hood painted to match, and add the "jdm" turnsignals and headlights. I think the car would be perfect in my mindset. but either way, looks like a damn nice car. good buy!
What are the JDM Headlights you are talking about?

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
1 - go wingless.
2 - get ready for mad torque steer with that turbo FWD setup.

cool car. it'll look better w/o the wing.

·
Turbology
434 Posts
2 - get ready for mad torque steer with that turbo FWD setup.
Yup, even a mildly-tuned B16 with bolt-ons will pull the wheel under heavy throttle. A boosted H22 is a whole new can of worms.

Make sure you have a beefy clutch, and a light-weight flywheel makes a big difference on turbo Hondas.

Since your OE head is already built to 10k, there is no need to upgrade to the JDM Type-S head. If you do plan on building the block a little, I would definitely give Import Builders a call and get their recommendation.

·
Turbology
434 Posts
http://www.importbuilders.com/blocks.htm

H22/H23 Prelude

New, Stock JDM type-S pistons, new rings, clean-up cork brush hone, radiused crank, balanced and polished crank, IB Spec ultra light rods,with large ARP rod bolts. All OEM Honda bearings, carefully blueprinted two times to get the same tight clearance on all the rods and mains. New thrusts. Crank & rods coated in Teflon like maximum oil shedding material. Pistons coated with proprietary substance that allows for a tight piston to wall clearance. This lets the motor take a beating longer without tiny scratches in the cylinder walls leading to oil burning over long periods of time.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Very nice!:bigthumb:

I use to own a 99 Type SH as my DD and man I miss that car.

Cons

1 - 19 of 19 Posts