Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
TX2K10 Beer Pong Champion
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this car and bought it for parts but I'm thinking of fixing it instead. What do yall think. Would you save it or scrap it. I haven't had a chance to clean up the interior yet. The motor is in many pieces but I've got it all.

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
u texas @$$holes suck. I wish i could find a car with no rust like that it sux up here in chicago...anything u find for parts, barely serves that purpose :(.

keep it and fix it up

·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
3,877 Posts
fix it or the supra gods will curse you...

·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ok, well I was finally able to clean up the interior of the car and I have to say, I'm quite pleased with it. I won't give it a 10 but an easy 8. I just need to get some upholstery cleaner to clean up the oily spots from all the parts that were stored inside. I also got a couple of good pics of the engine bay.

·
two wheels is all i need
1,232 Posts
Save it. You'll thank your self later... that looks like a nice body to work with don't know bout rust or anything it might have but from the pictures it looks like a great supra to fix.

So Fix it, don't like it later, sell it. Simple as that but you'll have the satisfaction of knowing you got two running Supra's and that you brought one back to life.

·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I took a peek underneath the car today and other than 20 years of grime and shit, there was no rust.:)

·
Banned
5,941 Posts
Hey what's goin on bro! Glad to see you got yourself a Turbo Supra there. I would tell you to sell me some parts for my car, but looks like you got yourself a keeper there. Damn I need to get some decent body panels for my car. Where'd you get that one?

-Alex

·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hey what's goin on bro! Glad to see you got yourself a Turbo Supra there. I would tell you to sell me some parts for my car, but looks like you got yourself a keeper there. Damn I need to get some decent body panels for my car. Where'd you get that one?

-Alex

I'm keeping it in one piece!!! I found it on craigslist and it was only 20 minutes away from me. It's been sitting for a couple of years, obviously, behind someone's garage. I talked to a machine shop today and I'm hoping the cylinder walls will not have to be rebored. We'll see. Have you been able to pick up your car yet?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Majority states - "Keep it", I say fix it and either keep - or sell it.... You'll get more for it, if it runs..... Just don't get upside down with the $....Nice find!!!!

·
Powderin my balls since07
2,175 Posts
i'm so jealous...i told johnny d to find me a clean mkiii in running order, and an mkiii shell, and i'm comin down in tha summer 2 pick them up! screw u il!

·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Majority states - "Keep it", I say fix it and either keep - or sell it.... You'll get more for it, if it runs..... Just don't get upside down with the $....Nice find!!!!

I am keeping it. As far as getting upside down....who here hasn't spent more than their car is worth? It's a Supra, of course I'll get upside down.:)

·
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Well I got some more things done. I cleaned out the hatch area of all remaining parts, glass and water. I stripped the sawblades and they turned out nice. I also got a new center console for it since mine was bent up from all the parts. I will install it when I replace the auto gear shift bushings and instrument panel bezel. Most important,,,,,I had the hatch glass replaced!!! No more rain inside the car! I bought a hatch from a junkyard thinking I would just swap out the whole hatch and paint it later but after seeing what all would have to come down in the interior I decided to call a glass company and have them come out and swap it.
Ok pictures now.
New/used glass

See other hatch in background

New console after I cleaned up all the dirt and mud off of it.

Cleaned out the hatch. You can see where the exhaust manifold had been sitting.

Stripped sawblades

Tell me what yall think.
Next I will throw the head back on the motor so I can lift it out and send the block off to the machine shop. I'm hoping I won't have to have the cylinders rebored. Oh, BTW I sold my grey 89 Supra :(
I needed the money for the 87.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts